Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure user account creation

lucipher
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

We have CPI version 3.1 installed on VM and the OS is RHEL. My question is, is there any way to create a user account in CPI through OS command line? I know it can be done via GUI but I want to know if it possible to do it via command line.

Any help is appreciated.

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Good question : after intial setup, never thought go in to command level and play, other than some clean up

in the document it says : (not tried, check)

username

Adds a user to the system with a password and a privilege level.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Start by going into configuration mode and enter the username directive, append it with ? to discover further command options sequentially as more parameters are being entered.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi @marce1000,

Pardon me as I am a newbie to this field. Can you tell me or provide me any link as to how to enter into the configuration mode?

Hi @balaji.bandi,

Actually I want to create a user account without taking ssh...So, is there any way which will enable me to create an account in CPI from the OS? Is there a fallback mechanism for CPI at OS level?

what kind of OS we are considering here ? Prime itself build on top of OS and it has user creation from command level which is for PI.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I am talking about Red Hat OS which comes packaged with CPI. I have root access to Red Hat. From there, I want to add a new user in CPI.