Views
Helpful
Replies

client LMS 4.0 error connect topology

vuonghongvu
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

I have problem with LMS 4.0 when i connect the topology from client PC. On client PC (Install windows 7), I had some check:

- Telnet LMS 42342 ------ OK

- Add host in Program files/system32/drivers/etc: 10.10.10.14 LMS

How to resolve the error?

Thank

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try to stop the windows firewall servcie if active in Win PC.

Share the screenshot of the error whch comes after launching topology.

A Debug of java conslve will be helpful to know what is causing issue. you can enable Java Console from :

Control Panel --> Java --> Advanced --> java Console --> show console.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

aparada14
Level 1
Level 1

Try uninstalling all the java software and re-install the java software directlly from lms server

Hi aparada!

I had re-install Java software but it is not running. Do you have new solution ?

We need to isolate the problem.

Does Topology work on the server itself? If not then you have a server-based problem.

If so then your problem is client-specific.

Let us know and we can proceed from there.

check your servers hosts file. If there is an entry with 127.0.0.1 pointing to the servers host name delete it and try again to open the topology services; Perhaps a restart of dmgtd is necessary.

Try adding in the client hosts file the entry "Ip_address_server   Name_server". Then ping to the Ip_address_server and ping to the Name_server, if it´s successful and java is fine then try connect to topology again.

Hi aparada

On PC client, i can ping . But I cannot still open Topology.

Hi Marvin!

When other PC client connect to LMS server, It can still open Topology. The problem here with client-specific. Sorry for late response.

Thanks

Try to stop the windows firewall servcie if active in Win PC.

Share the screenshot of the error whch comes after launching topology.

A Debug of java conslve will be helpful to know what is causing issue. you can enable Java Console from :

Control Panel --> Java --> Advanced --> java Console --> show console.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hi All and Vinod

I had fixed the problem with PC client. The error of PC client is the firewall client blocked service. Have a good weekend.

Thank you so much. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: