cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NCS - Disk volume 'optvol' more than 50% used.

keith.holder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently installed NCS and have received a major alert stating the following:

"NCS disk volume 'optvol' is above the recommended disk usage, more than '50'% used"

The VM was created from the NCS OVA file and I only have one 2500 controller in NCS. 

Any ideas how to fix this? 

Thanks.

Keith

6 Replies 6

s.fasel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I have exactly the same problem that Keith with my NCS OVA... I receive the same alert...

It's possible to configure the level of the threshold or to delete some files on the volume 'optvol' to obtain more free disk space ?

thanks a lot for your help

Best Regards

Sam

Have you come up with a solution to this problem?

We are getting

Message: NCS disk volume 'optvol' is above the recommended disk usage, more than '65'% used.

and

Message: NCS disk volume 'localdiskvol' is above the recommended disk usage, more than '90'% used.

We had to build a new NCS server with the large ova deployment image.  There is a way for TAC to stitch in more disk, but to me it seemed like a bandaid, so we rebuilt the and restored from a backup.

the 50% threshold is hard set, so you cannot change it - but there is a reason behind this and a solution who to fix it exists. It is described in the document:

Low Disk space message in Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2

In short, you just have to add another virtual hard disk to the VM.

We are having the same issue, but according to the posted specs, we should *not* have to deploy the large OVA template.  We have ~2,000 LWAP's, 18 controllers, and only 1 switch active in NCS.  We continuously run 85-100% on the optvol partition, even after running "ncs cleanup".   Any other options other than resizing or adding more disk?  I would rather focus on what is generating the extra data rather than continue to add resources (which may be unnecessary or wasteful).

I am updating my last post.  I found the text below in the release notes for 1.1.0.58 for reducing  disk usage.  This would affect us as we are well over 5,000 clients.

Table 5 Data Retention Period for Aggregated Data - Recommendations

Aggregation   Default  Recommendation for systems with more than 5000 clients

Hourly   31 days  15 days

Daily   90 days  60 days

Weekly   54 weeks   54 weeks

After making these changes, were able to get about a week of additional run time before the /opt partition started filling up again.  We finally caved and added an additional 200GB virtual disk to the system.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: