cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
jesper_petersen
Beginner

Prime LMS 4.2.3 and LDAP Authentication problems

Hello folks,

I'm trying to get my LMS 4.2.3 to do LDAP authentication up against our Windows 2008 R2 Domain.

I have read, re-read and now triple-read

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/user/guide/admin/security.html#wp1056105

But I'm not able to get it to work.

As far as I can see It all has to do with LMS not being able to get a functional connection to the AD that allows for LDAP query's:

javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 1 - 000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C0906E8, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v1db1]; remaining name 'cn=AdmUser, ou=Top Level Administrator, ou=XyZ Admin Accounts, ou=Admin-service accounts-Grupper, dc=xyz, dc=local'

My question is:

How does this LDAP thingie work? The documentation states that I must supply a specific user to the Usersroot, since I'm on a 2008 domain, but where do I provide the password for this account, so LMS can log in and do its LDAP queries? Or am I misunderstanding something...

My current MS AD LMS setup is:

Server: ldap://dc01.xyz.local

Usersroot: cn=AdmUser, ou=Top Level Administrator, ou=XyZ Admin Accounts, ou=Admin-service accounts-Grupper, dc=xyz, dc=local

RDN-Prefix: cn=

UPN-Suffix:

AD-Domain:

Hope you can help.

-- Jesper

0 REPLIES 0
Content for Community-Ad