Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

TACACS config commands set not being followed.

I'm trying to configure our switches to authenticate commands against our 4.2 ACS server. The ACS server is already up and running and we are able to authenticate against it correctly. What im trying to do is setup shell command authorization sets within the ACS server to allow different groups to perform different commands. They are working as desired when users are in either regular or enable modes. However once they go into config mode all bets are off. It really seems like the switch is following its own rules.

In the shell set, all i have configured is to permit "config terminal" and nothing else. However when you go into config mode you can perform many different config commands. Including changing port configurations. However you cant do everything, for example you cant change aaa authroization commands. It errors out saying command is not authorized. So i know there is a command set applied somewhere. To add to the confusion, in ACS when i change it to allow all unmatched commands, then i can use authorization commands in config mode. Why would this shell command set allow interface config changes but block others even though there is nothing set to allow or block those commands? 

This is what i have configured on the switches:

aaa authentication login default group tacacs+ local
aaa authentication login NOTACACS local
aaa authentication enable default group tacacs+ enable
aaa authorization config-commands
aaa authorization exec default group tacacs+ if-authenticated
aaa authorization commands 1 default group tacacs+ if-authenticated
aaa authorization commands 15 default group tacacs+ if-authenticated
aaa accounting commands 1 default stop-only group tacacs+
aaa accounting commands 15 default stop-only group tacacs+
aaa accounting connection default start-stop group tacacs+
aaa accounting system default stop-only group tacacs+

Thanks in advance for any and all replies!

0 REPLIES 0
Content for Community-Ad