Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

I was updating the firmware from 8.2(1) to 9.1.(7)23 due to the security vulnerability.    The ASA never came back up. I cannot access the Rommon mode. This is how the console port output looks like:      CISCO SYSTEMSEmbedded BIOS Version 1.0(12)13 ...

jupata by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i can traceroute 8.8.8.8 from fw fw/pri/act# traceroute 8.8.8.8 Type escape sequence to abort.Tracing the route to 8.8.8.8 1 x.x.x.x0 msec 0 msec 0 msec 2 * *x.14.214.71 0 msec 3 x.14.214.70 0 msec 10 msec 0 msec 4 x.170.246.225 0 msec * 0 msec 5 x.1...

I have an ASA 5506-X with the Firepower module at v 5.3.1.6 (build 16) and a Sourcefire Defense Center running at v 5.4.1.3 (build 55).  I know, these are both really old.     I've found all of the documentation on upgrading from 5.4.1 to 6.0 and bey...

Hello,    Cisco ASA version: 9.8(2)     I have prepared port forwarding and it is working properly, but if I want to add port https(443), I  receive error message (because this port is used for webvpn and asdm). I have already found out, I can change...

Jaro by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I having a strange issue with a Firepower 9300 Chassis running FXOS 2.0(1) Normally you should be able to edit the SSH and HTTPS access list, either from the WEB GUI  or from the CLI using the ip-block commands from the /system/services/ menu, bu...

Can't seem to find the right command but I forgot what I must enter on the device first before capturing and saving a running-config file using putty, but not showing those weird characters when hitting the space bar. Also, how to change it so when y...

HI,   I have a simple question :   I have to migrate from ASA to FTD 2110:   In ASA i have a rule based on "IP" as service with action Permit. In FTD there is no "IP" object in rules, should I simply add it as prefilter rule with action fastpath ?   ...

sam cook by Spotlight
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Team,I have tacacs configured for central authentication to my ASA 5585 (8.4.2) firewalls. Now I want my polling server to use same credential for ssh and other snmp polling operations, how do I do that without configuring any local snmp v3 user o...

ssheorai by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, can you verify the steps for re-imaging the firepower modules on ASA in active/standby?   There's no worries for being without the IPS for couple hours so I'm planning on doing the following: on the primary: 1-Copy the boot image to  flash 2-s...

NETAD by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,   My client was subscripted the Cisco ASA5512-IPS-K9 until Jul-2018. My sales purchsed the renewal license CON-SU1 for the coming year. My question is:   1) How can I activate the CON-SU1 ? Is it also completed the activate the PAK throught...

Kurt Lei by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dears, I have a query related to URL filtering, we have enabled a youtube for specific users and these were working fine with streaming category,, in my other rule (  internet allowed website) I found the uncategorized category is also allowed which ...

adamgibs7 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, We now have a network architecture: Users Network <-> pfSense + squid <-> Cisco ASA + FirePower <-> Internet. To generate reports on visiting sites, we use a lightsquid. Can I create similar reports using FiorePover to discard the pfSense + sq...

nshchukin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have deleted all files on my ASA 5505 firewall. I have loaded a image from a local tftp-server. When I after the reboot tries to set a IP address on interface ethernet0/0 I get this error: ERROR: This command can only be configured on VLAN interfac...

trih by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card