Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! cisco ASA IOS vulnerabilities

Hi All ,Is there any document or a tool to know the vulnerabilities in thea specific asa version with a specific release?or any site can help to search on it with a specific version.my version is 8.2(2)17

ahm_magdy by Beginner
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

PCI scan on the firewall

We got the below alert when we ran the PCI scan on our VPN firewall (use it for remote access VPN), did anyone come across this?OpenSSL SSL_OP_NETSCAPE_REUSE_CIPHER_CHANGE_BUG Ciphersuite Disabled Cipher Issue Solution-Upgrade to OpenSSL 0.9.8j or la...

ASA5510 SMTP problems

Up until recently one of my sites was able to get to a postini subnet. Then we started recieving "host unreachable" e-mails. Postini told us SMTP traffic was not getting let in. I've compared the current config to a config that was saved before the i...

IOS Firewall best practices

Hi guys,What is the best practices when deploying the IOS Firewall feature on routers, especially on the 800 series routers?I know that a router will never be a true firewall but those features are there to make them simulate...Usually what I do is t...

insccisco by Beginner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

ICMP on ASA5510

I want to allow ICMP traffic on ASA 5510 from LAN interface to DMZ. I've permit any traffic and added ICMP to the inspestion list also but still there is problem. Belos is the configuration. The image is asa822-k8.bin:ASA Version 8.2(2)!hostname fw-0...

Cisco cloud base firewall/ScanSafe

Hello,Our organization uses a Cisco cloud based firewall/ScanSafe for internet access/content filter.We moved away from the previous method of an ISA Firewall using pac files.In the old system we had AD security groups to grant access to the ISA.  Wi...

WS-SVC-ASA-SM1 login issue

Hi Guys,          I'm having an issue with standing up a new C6509-E containing Dual SUP-2T 10G supervisor engines and both ACE30 load balancers and ASA service module (WS-SVC-ASA-SM1)On initial boot the Sup wouldn't recognise either of these cards (...

lee.clack by Beginner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Duplicate Arp Entry Issue

Hi,I am having peculiar issue in my setup. I recently replaced my ASA 5505 (8.2.1) with ASA 5510 (8.4.3). Everything works fine for a while suddenly I see some of the servers will not be reachable from the LAN all the servers gateway is my switch. If...

asa 5510 port forwarding

Hello, I've got asa 5510 Using asdm 6.4And im trying to configure ssh port forwardingbasically, I've got an old firewall server that im replacing right now with the asa 5510but as of now, I still need to access the old firewall via ssh from outside t...

aa123123aa by Beginner
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: