Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Enabling our customers to leverage their install base and take them to the next level with Cisco Secure Firewall Threat Defense has always been a key priority.  The migration tool is available for download to migrate the configuration on the on-premi...

gopaks by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 4 Helpful votes

Hello!I have host behind asa with static nat.with asa 8.4 all is usual, but if i try to use 9.0.1 I get strange traceroute on this host:traceroute www.ya.rutraceroute to www.ya.ru (87.250.251.3), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets 1  www.yandex.ru (87.250....

dm by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am helping out a former colleague of mine on a project to migrate a single Checkpoint firewall over to a single ASA 5510, no VPN, just firewall.  The checkpoint firewall has 8 physical interface so the ASA 5510 also support physical 8 interfaces so...

I have been able to get EIGRP  working successfully in the lab like I want. Attached is the network overview:We have a Data Center and Corporate office connected via Point to Point Fiber link, eventually we will have two of theseTwo 4948E switches in...

ALIAOF_ by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an FWSM in routed mode with 31 contexts and appear to be hitting a limit with VLAN interfaces (I've counted up and have around 115). If I add an interface to a context then name it with "nameif" the context stops passing traffic, removing with...

donlerche by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all.I am trying to connect to a VPN set up at a remote customer site. However it seems that connections cannot be established from inside my office network. I have tried from other sites and connections can be established. For obvious reasons, thi...

Will someone please explain what this NAT rules does?  I'm confused by what happens to the packet when you use "dynamic" and a host that is 0.0.0.0object network obj-0.0.0.0 host 0.0.0.0!object network ALL_ZEROS subnet 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 nat (inside,ou...

anowell by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I originally had the 5510 configured and working when the CheckPoint FW wasn't in the picture. We then decided to move the 5510 behind the CheckPoint FW so that we could configure the CheckPoint as the gateway using an ARIN IP address. Since moving i...

Hello,I have an issue from one of our branch office site that after spyware/grayware is updated the avira antivirus update on client PC is failed. When I have passed the traffic through the firewall instead of SSM module then it is successfully updat...

saimunpial by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I hope this is the correct location for this.Anyway, here's the situation I'm trying to configure several VLANs on my ASA to uniquely allocate to contexts, the VLANs will be trunked from my VSS.Unfortunately I'm not clear on how to achieve thi...

Hi all,Can someone help me regarding this one? Our Firewall is just new. ASA5525XToday, during a packet_trace to debug a routing problem, the active ASA- thsasaprd02 - crashed suddenly.I was able to copy-paste the console - including the command that...

neri_john by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a Cisco ASA 5505 device with basic (default) license, currently all my reirections, VPN's, VLAN's(3 Vlan's) etc are configured on the same and are working fine.Now i need to upgrade my basic license to "Security Plus" for some additional fe...

saneeshch by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes