Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,I have ASA config with DHCP and its providing IP to users.ASA is connected to 3550 switch it has direct connection or say default static routeFrom 3550 switch  connection goes to Router and it does the NAT   and has connection to outside world...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,For packet capture on ASA i have questions below to understand it betterIf i need to capture the packet on ASA  then the destination IP can be any IP  --  means IP of PC,Server,Router interface ,Switch interfaceAlso for destination IP the ASA ...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Been a while since I've looked at this stuff, so hopefully I don't butcher the terminolgy too bad.  Back in the old days, we defined event action filter variables and policies directly on an IPS sensor.  These two items provided overlapping functiona...

mhellman by Level 7
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We use a Cisco ASA 5510 with SSM module.On the CSC Setup - Host/Notification settings menu it is possible to enter Notification settings.I filled in the administrator email addres but no messages can be send.Our spamfilter blocks the notification mes...

everstege by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,Please help meI am Using Cisco ASA Firewall 5510 (7.2(4)) and ASA-SSM-10 Module(5.1(5)E1),I tried to use the command   "hw-module module 1 password-reset"But its not working because of lower IOS Version. If there is another way to Recover th...

Hi,I found documentation that ssh login should be able using x509 certificates. At least in NX-OS. But I did not find any documentation HOW this can be configured. Does anybody has a hint for me, where I can find more documentation about this? Is it ...

misch1942 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Is it possible to track two destination IP address via IP SLA in Cisco ASA 8.4?Below the current setup with configuration. I would like to add one more Public IP address(8.8.8.8) to track. in case both the destination IP address is not reachable t...

Resolved! dns inspect on ASA

HiI need to remove one host from dns inspection on ASA fw. Currently there is global policy with default inspection :class-map inspection_default match default-inspection-trafficpolicy-map type inspect dns preset_dns_map parameters   message-length m...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card