Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

I need to be able to monitor a device behind a firewall, what I normally do is create a 1:1 using a private IP on the outside to the private IP on the inside, and our monitor can do its thing. However, this does not work when the device needs interne...

Hello guysI am new in networking. All my knowledge is based on books and no real life experience.At my job I am required to set up the network and configure all apparatus I never workedbefore with. So I need help. Any kind of help will be appreciated...

Narmi2000 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are implementing a Polycom VBP 4555-E3 Firewall/ NAT traversal unit that will need a public ip address so outside systems can dial into our polycom system.  One of the requirements needed for this device to be sure its not natted and has direct ac...

Hej Everyone!I configured an ASA 5505 a couple of weeks ago. Every thing is working properly except it sends irritating messages to the syslog server. Her is an example of the message:      %ASA-2-106001: Inbound TCP connection denied from 195.215.22...

wedzek123 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, We are getting quite a lot of these alerts and I can't find any info. on the internet.  Can anyone shed any light on it..  There are hundreds of these alerts and most of the time the IP adresses are different.  As far as I can see most of the tim...

Hello all,I am trying to configure Zone Based Firewall (IOS 15.2T) on Cisco 881 router for IPv6. Current setup is simple:Zone:LAN --> WANzone security LANzone security WAN!class-map type inspect match-any Internet-cmapmatch protocol dnsmatch protocol...

mocah by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I'm working on a WCCP issue with TAC and the TAC engineer told me that WCCP redirect only works if the redirected traffic (the permit ACL), the web-cache server, and the redirect interface are all on the same subnet.  After looking into this it...

I have a pair of 3750-x switches stacked together. Using spanning tree with our upstream provider I have an active line in port GigE 1/0/25 and a blocked redundant line in GigE 2/0/25. I have setup a port based acl as below on 1/0/25 which is a port ...

I will be installing a new ASA 5510 firewall on our SIP vlan to separate our voice traffic from the rest of the traffic.  I'm trying to decide whether or not I should go with an active/active setup or an active/standby.  Any insight on the best way t...

jlmickens by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I recently inherited a Cisco 2911, that appears to have had Firewall rules imported into Externally Defined Rules. ACL's are currently allowing/disallowing traffic. However, there are no firewall rules configured. To meet compliance we need to...

Hello,I wanted to rate-limit download traffic passing through my ASA5520, Software Version 8.2(1). I used configuration based on the offical documentation.I tried two configurations, one at a time: "inbound based" where I limit the traffic entering m...

mchemsi28 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes