Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I am in the process of migrating a firewall rule set from a PIX to an ASA and would like to delete entries that have never been used.  Is it safe to assume anything with a hitcnt=0 has not been used since last reboot (over 2 years ago..)Thanks

Hi All,we are using ASA 5510 with two WAN links. I was trying to configure IP SLA to setup link redundancy. but with this mechanism, we can't use both link at a time, since ASA doesn't support PBR. Now we want to come up with static route to pass cer...

Hi folks, I have a Cisco ASA-5505 running 8.2(1), and I'm trying to configure it for remote access VPN connections using L2TP over IPsec.  It completes Phase 1 with no problem.  Then it picks up the correct dynamic crypto-map, but fails to negotiate...

Last night my firewall failover to secondary suddenly and I am still trying to find the root cause.  Looking at the log and history, I saw the reason of failover because the "Service card in other unit has failed".  Further investigating and the card...

ttran by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We currently have a set of ASA5520's in resilient failover mode and wish to upgrade them to 5550's. The problem is we would like to have no downtime of the Firewalls.I have an idea of replacing the the Standby first with a 5550 and bringing on line w...

Ian Beck by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,              I have two ASA 55210 were one ASA is working fine , while second ASA has similar configuration of ASA 1 but we have problem in reverse traffic , My TCP connection is established from inside interface to outside interface , while ...

Hello,It seems some of our users (maybe all) get intermittent issues when conecting to websites.  For example when I connect to cisco.com or google.com it might take ages but load or fail, if I hit F5 to refresh then it loads immediately.  During thi...

Hello Guys,I'm not familar CS-MARS  but i have read the below book,Cisco.Press.Security.Threat.Mitigation.And.Response.Understanding.Cisco.Security.Mars,Am not sure where is the right place to keep the CS-MARS in the network, By reading this book wha...

HiWe use our Cisco ASA 5520 to allow our users a WebVPn into us. We have a policy that scans the endpoints to check there OS/AV/Firewall. Does anyone know if Cisco publishes a document that lists all teh OS/AV/Firewalls they support?Thanks

i know it can be done on my ASA5510 - that's not my porblem - I just need to justify the risks. I've been trying to hunt down any supporting "Best Practice" documents that state whether it's advisable to allow ssh access from the internet to the outs...

rbrunne by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card