Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! FWSM Blocking FTP

I have a FWSM running 3.1.4 that has an outside and inside interface. There is a server 146.22.x.x on the outside that needs to ftp to 146.27.y.y The FW buffer log shows access-list outside is denying the traffic. I look at access-list outside and th...

uchideshi by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

No matter what I do I can't make outbound traceroute through my ASA 5500 work. I've followed Cisco's recommendations and those from fellow posters here for similarly reported problems, but still no luck. What I see is a request time out at each hop e...

Hello,On our Ciso ASA we have the ASA-SSM-10 IPS module. It seem sto be in a state and the Cisco IPS Manager Express says it's not connected anymore. If I SSH/Telnet to it then I get the message:Error: Cannot communicate with mainApp (getVersion). ...

whiteford by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have 2 Cisco ASA 5520 boxes setup - 1 is our live box and the otehr one is a failover. These have been setup and running for a while and were working ok. But we have noticed that if we make a config change on one of the boxes the other box also go...

Resolved! ASA Active/Standby

Couple questions. About to implement this scenario with two ASA5520s. I plan to have these two connected to two 4506s running as core switches. My question is do the ASAs need a dedicated link to each other for their communication or can they communi...

Hello Everyone,We are replacing all of our PIX firewalls in our main data center with ASA 5550s. We have 7 pairs of the 5550s, what would be the best design scenario to setup the LAN/Stateful failover connection? The documentation states, you can hav...

johng231 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I know how to enter static ip info to the outside interface. You then enter in a default route for the gateway statically. But, where do you enter in the static dns servers provided by the isp? does that fall under dns server-group defaultdns group w...

Hi everybody,I have trouble with FTP connections using a ASA5510.I have 3 LANs connected to the FW:LAN1 (inside): 172.16.1.0/24LAN2 (outside) 10.52.64.0/24LAN (DMZ) 172.16.0.8/29My FTP server (IIS FTP Server)is on the DMZ with IP address 172.16.0.10....

Hi All, The below interface on the PIX 535 is having a lot of CRC and input errors. what can be the reason ? and how to solve it? let me know if any further information is required.Interface Ethernet1 "3PGW", is up, line protocol is up Hardware is i...

This is more or less a question regarding how the ASA allows traffic to traverse itself.If I understand the ASA properly; all unicast traffic is permitted from a higher security interface to a lower security interface and only inspected traffic is al...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card