Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, What is the explanation of Reset-I and Reset-O in the FWSM Teardown log messages. On the outside of FWSM, the ACE bridges two VLANs lets says 5 & 6 and IDSM bridges 6 & 7. Can ACE and/or IDSM send a Reset which I see in the FWSM log. Also how wou...

Hi,We have an issue regarding a software upgrade to our cisco asa 5510. The asa version is 8.0.4.It is very strange, the remote user can connect via vpn to the asa, but trying to do an RDP session it fails. Telnet to port 3389 is ok. After downgra...

I'm trying to resolve a routing issue with our VPN client connections to corporate site PIX firewalls and can't seem to figure it out. I connect all of our corprate sites with PIX VPN Site-to-Site links, staff in each remote office can connect to th...

nhelms by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Here is my scenario. I have a /26 from my provider. I have a server that I want behind the firewall but must have a public IP on it and can't be nat'd. I have carved a /30 out of my /26 and have nat exempted it inbound from the outside and outbound f...

I have a specific need on our ASA 5510 and could use some guidance.Currently our outside interface accepts SMTP from any source, via an access rule. NAT then forwards the inbound SMTP to an internal email gateway.I now have a situation where I have ...

Hi Everyone,I am about to build a new firewall'd infrastructure in which a significant amount of traffic will be running through it. I need to lock this firewall down as quickly as possible. Since there are no rules in place I will enable a “permi...

87305 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We are using AIP SSM in the promiscuous mode,And every thing seems to be fine.The only issue i am facing right now is that i cannot see the events which traffic comes from the outside to inside zone.Interesting traffic for IPS is "IP any any" and ...