Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I've got a default setup (with DMZ) from the ASA 5505. How can i allow ICMP traffic from inside to outside without messing up the default settings (allow all from high to low security)ThanksRemco (newbie :)

I'm migrating from a PIX 525 to ASA 5520 failover pair. Both firewalls are at 7.0.7 code. At cutover time, configuration commands were copied from PIX to ASA with adjustments made to interface names, as well as speed / duplex of interfaces to keep ...

i want to implement LLQ for my users. I want that when specific user try to access specific subnets it getsonly 8 KBps. I have cisco router 2821 with two FE ports.I have made the following configuration but still not able to restrict the user to 8 KB...

Hi,I am a starter as far as IPS is concerned. Can anybody refer some documents for basic concepts and configuration of IPS.Thank in advance.Regards,Asim

New to Cisco IPS.... I wish to EXCLUDE a single destination IP address from a signature -- have the sig fire it it trips for all BUT one IP address (which is a confirmed false positive). The sig name is BO2K-UDP. want to have it ignore events for a s...

dglosser by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I got an SYN flood attack log in CSA MCCSA log: TESTMODE: A potential SYN Flood attack has been detected. This may also indicate a possible routing problem. Reason: The TCP Listen Queue is full using interface Wired\HP NC7781 Gigabit Server Adapter #...

Resolved! captive portal

Hi, does the ASA 5505 include a captive portal? If not, what is Cisco's recommended solution for implementing a captive portal? I'm betting it's not m0n0wall.Thanks,Mike

ippolito by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have added a new FWSM in a 6509 distribution box. Here is how it is conenctedAccess switch -> 6509 FWSM -> MSFC -> Core -> My PC networkconfig on the FWSM:interface Vlan850 nameif inside security-level 100 ip address 10.50.100.1 255.255.255.0!inter...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card