Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

Just a quick question if you are using a group of ironports as web proxies which wccp service number do they use?Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am trying to learn how to connect them up and can not find this anywhere through google.

When you SSH into an ASA, how do you change the default username of "pix"? In other words, the passwd command changes the password, but how do you change the username?

tsmarcyes by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are running a PIX 501 (6.3)We have it set up as a firewall/vpn router on a DSL modem.We have several computer on the inside interface, IP range 192.168.1.0The PIX is set to give out DHCP address from 192.168.1.2 to .33If the PIXs gives a computer ...

hi I have following fw routing issue on pix 7 fwroute int2 x.x.x.5 255.255.255.255 gtw2 1route int1 x.x.x.0 255.255.128.0 gtw1 2I want traffic to x.x.x.5 goes over int2, but no metter what I do, traffic goes over int1. How to solve this?

dragec by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We use Altiris between two VPN sites protected by a Cisco PIX (8.0) and an ASA (8.0).Altiris communicates some multicast traffic on tcp port 402, but this traffic get blocked by the firewalls with this message:%pix-6-106015: deny tcp (no connectio...

I have been trying to open up tcp/pptp, gre for a dialup vpn on an ASA firewall running on version 8. What I'm trying to do is open up those protocols to a specific inside host to do a dialup VPN. I did the same configuration on our PIX firewall conn...

bauti1428 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We just migrated a bunch of in-bound access rules from a Netscreen to a PIX 515 (v7.2). When several Linux servers ping devices on the internet they get back icmp (dup) messages. These hosts have the PIX set as their default gateway.Has anyone seen t...

mvhurley9 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card