Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Enabling our customers to leverage their install base and take them to the next level with Cisco Secure Firewall Threat Defense has always been a key priority.  The migration tool is available for download to migrate the configuration on the on-premi...

gopaks by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 4 Helpful votes

Hi,Any chance anyone knows the specific MIB's for an ASA 5520 and 2821 ISR?Finding it difficult to track down the exact ones I needhttp://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2Thanks,Denis

I have 4 - 871's running 12.4(T8) that connect to an ASA running 8.x code utilizing EasyVPN. The problem is that 2 of the 871's connect and pass traffic without issue but the other 2 connect only for about 5 minutes. The configuration are all the s...

I am trying to allow SMTP through a PIX 525 running ver 7.2(2). When the banner comes back to the server it is 2's and astericks (*). I have done the "no inspection esmtp" commmand in the global policy, so that should turn off the inspection. However...

lkoons by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm setting up a new ACL on our PIX firewall (running version 7.x) to block FTP. Someone asked if I could enable FTP downloading for some machines but prevent from uploading. Is that possible? What would the ACL look like?

niro by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Pix firewall

In my Pix 515e there is an access-list entry : access-list out_acl permit tcp any host 69.67.67.100 eq smtp( 69.67.67.100) is the public IP address of the Mail server.do I need this ?, can somebody explain to me what this access-list is doing ?.Why s...

Hi All, I have setup a lab to test ASA faillover situation. The lab is success that Secondary ASA can change standby mode to active mode once Primary ASA is failure. However, When I test stateful failover that use a PC to FTP file from FTP server. Th...

acbenny by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to setup 2 VLANS 100 and 55. The topology of the network is internet-->cisco 2811 router-->cisco 515 PIX-->PC users. The PIX is the gateway for the PC users. Normally I would setup the VLANS on the router, but I have PIX now, and I am not su...

Resolved! PIX access problem

I have a problem accessing a PIX 515E from either SSH or Telnet. The password has been lost but the strange thing is that I can still perform any config changes I need to from within the ASDM. Last week I needed to add a command which I cannot find i...

molebrian by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, all.I've noticed an interesting behavior of the Windows clients.We have NAC OOB L3 deployment + ip-telephony. Workstations are behind ip-phones (cisco). Users do not have administrator privileges on their PCs.When the user is authenticated the...

dosic by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have ACLs blocking most P2Ps on our edge rtrs. But they still coming in...can anyone post their P2P ACLs...I just want to compare with what I have. How about NBAR? How reliable is it running in a large network? TXAlex

opers13 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card