Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

How do I get a sensor at version 5.1-3 to recognize it has a serial number so I can install the license in order to update signatures? Show version has a blank serial number. Thanks for any help.

hendetl by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When PIX forwards an ARP Request in transparent mode, it inserts its own (!) mac address as source in the ethernet header. So it is not really transparent. E.G.:Original ARP Request:ETH Source: PCETH Destination: RouterARP Sender HW: PC IP: PCARP Rec...

We have a PIX 535 running 6.3(5)106 with 1Gb of RAM.Right now it is using 7% of it.A new application coming online soon will be putting through the PIX about 17MB of streaming data.Would the PIX be able to handle that?

Hello,I have a problem with NAT on a PIX. We want to set up something new for doing this we need to do source and destination translation.The outside interface is connected to the internet and everyone (0.0.0.0/0) needs to access for example 192.168....

atou by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a PIX501 plugged into a network jack in a hotel, kind of a remote war room situation. The hotel's hospitality authentication solution requires a PC to access a web-page to authentication prior to giving it access to get out to the internet. ...

Has anyone come across the following - Even if I disable smtp fixup for port 25 on my pix the mail guard feature still seems to be active i.e.If I disable the mail guard feature: no fixup protocol smtp 25And I now try to telnet to my public IP from a...

jmia by Level 7
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,can any one help please,I have a NM-CIDS on a cisco 3845 router,I'm rying to telnet to it from the router (NM-CIDS already has an IP being configured (loopback0)) the problem is that I set a password for the session and forgot it, how can I recov...

when i show service-module ids-sensor 1/0 statusi have the following outputService Module is Cisco IDS-Sensor1/0Service Module supports session via TTYService Module is failedService Module status is not availablewhat is the problem and how can i rec...

Hi,I have configure the PIX501 to have the following:Inside Int: 192.168.0.1Outside Int: 203.123.132.131From the PIX console, I am able to ping to outside IP ( external IP such as goolgle ..etc ) and I am able to ping to the server connected to one o...

Hi all,I have a pix 501 and I need to let Exchange traffic through. I had done this before and it worked for me, but this time its not working. I cannot telnet to port 25.Please help. See below for my configuration. I am sure its something easy, but ...

ciscopaul by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card