Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I am having some problems getting computers in other subnets and VLANs to connect to the PIX515. Ping and PDM no responses.Using a computer in the same subnet as the PIX515, I am able to connect to it.However I was not able to connect to it from othe...

Can anyone tell me what the main advantage of A/A is compared to A/S. For single firewall mode the failover occurs the same speed and stateful connections are passed to the standby unit. For A/A you need multiple context mode which means you cant u...

Hello,I am setting up multiple terminal Servers (2600 - running Advance Security IOS) for reverse telnet sessions to our equipment in the physical location of each 2600.What would be the most secure way to access the 2600? I may not know what IP the ...

Hi...I am trying to understand what makes a PIX act as an ABR or ASBR in terms of configuration differences. I was reading from this linkhttp://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_63/config/bafwcfg.htm#wp1112559and the only di...

mo shea by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We deployed 4215 ver 4.1 and after enabling/disabling signatures the IDM stops responding, we ssh to the box and have noticed the analysis engine stops running and got the message"Error:ct-sensorApp.1060 not responding, please check system processes-...

Resolved! IPS bad shunning

Hi there, when i configure a signature to block host connection action, i see that the IPS is not shunning the connection (TCP port), the IPS are blocking the host for all the ports. I don't know if this is a normal action.The sho shun command displa...

hquiros by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The following entry is in my router log:3-SMTP_UNSUPPORTED_PARAMETER: Unsupported SMTP parameter According to Cisco documentation:The CBAC code has detected an invalid or unsupported parameter in an SMTP command. The parameter "@ or # to ETRN" means ...

How can I restore a rule to default settings? I know, I should have done a backup of the configuration first but I didn't. I have a backup now but rule 237 is hosed. I have it disabled until I can get it restored.TIAMark

omears by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello to all,I had a customer question me re a recent installation of a pix 506E ver 6.3.4) that they are having trouble sending and recieving email attachments. I wanted to make sure that the pix doesn't have the ability to strip attachments? They...

smckenna by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card