Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I purchased the PIX 501 configured for my cable service with default settings. I had no problem with it until I started messing with it. I’m not an IT guy but I thought the default settings were all I needed for my stand-alone computer but was rece...

jmj by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am getting these deny messages on my pix firewall log.106011: Deny inbound (No xlate) tcp src inside:10.1.25.52/4986 dst inside:10.0.1.5/445106011: Deny inbound (No xlate) tcp src inside:10.1.25.52/4987 dst inside:10.0.1.5/139106011: Deny inbound (...

jbisht by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Folks, I have 5 sensors that i have to deploy in my network. As per design guidelines i plan to deploy them at the following locations:1) Behind the Firewall (Internal network)2) Behind the VPN concentrator3) In my DMZI still have not figured ou...

Hi I cant Upgrade my 4215 to Version 5.0. I only get Messages like : Error: idsPackageMgr: invalid argumentException Error: -Commit current config-: Validate error for the component "signatureDefinition" and the instance "sig0"/signatures/[sig-id=120...

geder by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Folks, I have a couple of questions regarding IDS MC 2.1.1) Will it generate reports giving information about lets say critical alarms or lets say informational alarms?2) How often does it access the database. I mean lets say the attck was ha...

Folks, I have a 4250 series IPS box that i have recently configured, I have a few questions, i would highly appreciate if some one could assit me.1) What is the default behavior of the IPS for critical alerts or signatures. Meaning if it sees a...

Anyone come across this one? I have a network monitoring station in my DMZ that monitors devices at a customer site. I can see all the internal devices fine (using SNMP polling over the VPN tunnel we have created to the site). I want to SNMP query th...

julian by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

EXISTING SETUP: My customer is on a flat network on a certain OSPF Area. ABR connects the area to the OSPF AS. THE PROBLEM/QUESTION: Iam now inserting the PIX 515E UR between my customers network and the ABR. Do I need to implement OSPF on my PIX eve...

i have PIX 515 firewall, i have the following problem:consider the following:inside interface: 1.1.1.1/24DMZ interface: 2.2.2.1/24outside interface: 3.3.3.1/24Access-list 10 applied at the inside interface.access-list 6 applied at the DMZ interface.A...

paltel by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have just bought a cisco 877W. For some reason SDM says that the IOS is not supporting QoS and IPS. I have upgrade the IOS to the latest 12.4 (advsecurity), but still no supoort for Qos and IPS. According the information from Cisco it should ...

meijbergj by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card