Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I had set up an interim pix that supported an AS/400 HTTPS applcaition to a remote site. No changed were made to the PIX other and setting up PPPoE. It worked from the start!!!How we are replacing the PIX with a 2811 running 12.3(8)T8. I have atta...

jcowtan by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Easy question hopefully. From a Pix 525 version 7.0 (1). there is a 330 or 360 Mbps bandwidth limitation. Is this limitation applicable to trafffic going from the inside interface to an external external interface assuming it is not inspected ?

chrish by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am attempting to set up my company's PIX515E. I don't have a lot of experience with PIX. I have 3 interfaces (inside, outside, and dmz). Where can I find some sample configurations, and where do I find help with the special features I want to set u...

hx2 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! NIDS and SNMP

I'm looking to gather stats on interface utilization, cpu and memory. How would I configure snmp on CIDS Network IPS and or IPS products?

5creedus by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,The concepts of IDS and IDS are clear for me. Now I want to understand the difference between IDS and IPS in terms of deployement (does it use the same ports for monitoring and and command and control) and configuration (SPAN...).Thanks.

I have a cisco vpn client that I am testing before I deploy. However, I can hit the concentrator and it authenticates against the ACS and I am in the network. The problem is that when I am in the network, Everytime I try to \\server it askes me for u...

rbolyard by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, i have never before configured a PIX firewall and i have just a simple queston. We have to install a PIX506E for one of our clients and the only thing i should do is to allow all incoming traffic (with no restrincions). That is needed for the...

I get an error message when I try to access my PIX 506e from within the firewall using IE. after the first password I get the error message "exception: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied(java.utilProperty Permission java.versionread...

mburns by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Folks,I need advice.I am running PIX 515 (R) 6.3 version. I am planning to upgrade it to 7.01 – are there any improvements regarding IDS/IDP stuff?What options do I have if I'd like to run proper IDS/IDP system?Cheers,Daniel.

ilogic-il by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card