Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! IPS bad shunning

Hi there, when i configure a signature to block host connection action, i see that the IPS is not shunning the connection (TCP port), the IPS are blocking the host for all the ports. I don't know if this is a normal action.The sho shun command displa...

hquiros by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The following entry is in my router log:3-SMTP_UNSUPPORTED_PARAMETER: Unsupported SMTP parameter According to Cisco documentation:The CBAC code has detected an invalid or unsupported parameter in an SMTP command. The parameter "@ or # to ETRN" means ...

How can I restore a rule to default settings? I know, I should have done a backup of the configuration first but I didn't. I have a backup now but rule 237 is hosed. I have it disabled until I can get it restored.TIAMark

omears by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello to all,I had a customer question me re a recent installation of a pix 506E ver 6.3.4) that they are having trouble sending and recieving email attachments. I wanted to make sure that the pix doesn't have the ability to strip attachments? They...

smckenna by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When we do a show run on the pix the config continually scrolls all the way thru the config. it no longer pauses and waits for us to hit the space bar to continue. How can we get it to quit scrooling all the way to the end of the config?

Folks, I have a Sup 720 running in Hybrid Mode. My question is that can i use IOS IPS on it and monitor multiple Vlan in it. Means that the IPS interface command would be under multiple Vlan interfaces? is it possible?Thanks,

Upgraded 6.3 to 7.0 on 515E, purchased FO license for another PIX 515E. For some reason the Primary PIX wants active/active failover. I have not configured any contexts in the config, i assume it is on by default? This wont work with FO license, f...

bklawson by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Folks, I do not see any option of setting clock in the new IPS CLI. I used the setup command and adjusted the time zone to EST and 5 hours offset, now it is showing in incorrect time??Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card