Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

We have pix 501 firewall. We blocked the internet access for all users other than Citrix. users will access internet via Citrix. But now we are in trouble and that are Microsoft and mcafee updates. Becase we just allowed access to Citrix,now Microsof...

rjain by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to get my PIX 515E running 6.3(3) to filter FTP traffic to my Websense box running 5.2. I enable the "filter FTP 21 0 0 0 0" command and all FTP traffic stops. I remove it and it flows again. I checked Websense and the protocol is allowed...

bcook_69 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 515e that replace a couple of 1720 routers. I have an inside, outside and dmz setup with the mail server in the dmz. Basically it is all working, but I am having issues with smtp transfers to other (but not all) sites. Cisco TAC has looke...

When i use debug command on my PIX 515E 6.22, it start to print on console debugging information, this is OK. After a while, it stop showing me messages, and issuing any other debug command cannot resolve this.I tried to clear logging and any other f...

gcocchi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I'm aware that this question has been here a few times, but I didn't see an answer.With a router it's easy to route by certain ports. I'd like to do this with a setup like this:--->IN>Pix Firewall>OUT>---- DMZ | Proxy ...

reeseb by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am looking for some firepower for a customer that I have. I am wanting to know what the best practices are for ip scheme for the outside network of the pix.I believe that the outside interface of the pix and the ethernet interface of the router sh...

lalbro by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there a way on pix firewall to limit the # of connections per ip address (private ip address)?once i have an infected laptop with a worm (w32 blaster kind) and it was scanning ip addresses and sending huge number of connections to the firewall , ...

alian-sam by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey everybody,I'm trying to establish a site-to-site vpn connection between a PIX 515 and a 3Com 3CR860-95 OfficeConnect Secure Router using Ipsec. The router fails to make the vpn connection when it gets to assigning the Diffie-Hellman group. The ro...

gotee by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I am looking to get a small VPN for the office so two people who do travelling sales etc can work from wherever and I can work from home. My original idea was a Pix 501 but the presentation of ADSL is RJ11 and the PIX does not have any RJ45 po...

rtwwpad by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

As i know , the VNS base can support device up to five Recently , I install VMS Base and intend to add IDSM device into VMS , but i got error message " The Licening is expire "I am very curious , VMS Base is free used , why does got the error meeage ...

emily by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card