Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Anyone heard of a restricted license on the switch interfaces of a 501? I have a customer that can only access 2 of the 4 switch ports? As far as I know, the 501 only comes with user based licenses. Any ideas?Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(3)134Ci...

jjohann63 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiWe are migrating from Checkpoint to PIX. We have inside, outside, and DMZ interfaces. On the DMZ, we will have web servers with private addresses, the outside world connects to these servers through statics on the PIX.We currently have the CP in pl...

I had enabled timestamp by the follow commands.clock set 14:25:00 apr 1 2000logging timestampbut when i use sh log command to view the log,there is no timestamps:302015: Built inbound UDP connection -540117333 for outside:10.0.0.1/64911(10.1.1.1/6490...

xuan.z by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When the secondary is active, the primary answers for the shared mac-address, this should not be the case. The switches get confused and intermitten problems occur. This only happens on the outside interface.Any suggestions

I currently have two problems with my setup. They may be connected but not sure.1. The outside link on the firewall will not reapond to and requests. I know that the exgternal connection is working but nothing is communicating. The internal network i...

I am in the process of setting up VMS and have noticed that with every 'save and deploy' that I do, that all of my Pix's (which run VPN's) are given the following commands:‘no crypto map x interface outside’‘crypto map x 20 set security-association l...

pkinzel by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm running a PIX 501 from my primary office location running NAT. I'm trying to connect to a ConnectEnterprise Secure FTP destination. Because I have no previous experience configuring a PIX to work with a FTPS server, I was hoping for some help. Be...

Hi,Is it possible to restrict traffic types over a site to site vpn with PIX. I am looking to restrict traffic to smtp, ping and pop3.I have the vpn working at the moment, but every time I change the access-list it stops working! I have also tried ap...

Hi, does someone know how to map ports on a PIX.Session started from "Outside" on 1812 response received on 1647 from RADIUS server on "inside" which needs to be mapped back to 1812 and delivered to originator.ThanksMick

mrrussell by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI need to convert 2 PIX Firewalls, one from restricted to unrestricted and the other from restricted to failover, then have them run as a pair, does anyone know if PIX-515-SW-FO is the correct product to use on the secondary?Many thanks Tony

tholmes by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a Pix 525 unrestricted and another 525 for the failover. Am looking at upgrading the keys for the failover to make it into an unrestricted PIX. I only have 1 route out and am wondering if having 2 Pix firewalls going to the same route out wo...

stalljh by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Ok, just wondering what is the suggest route to fix my problem.I am looking to create a network that has one central site and 13 branches which connect to the central site via VPN, will a PIX route packets from one branch to another branch if all of ...

I've got a PIX 515 with about 10 different EasyVPN users defined via the vpngroup command. Is there any way to see which of these users are logged in at a given time? Another way of asking this...is there any way to see which vpngroup is active at a ...

cscott by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card