Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,Cisco have sent me a PIX 501 to replace an existing item as part of the RMA process however.1. The new item does not have VPN-3DES enabled2. The old 501 has ports set to 100Full and auto and the new Cisco sent PIX will only let me set the ports to...

I would like know 3 things:-How to upgrade the version of my PIX 515E. It's a 6.3.1, and I want to have the 6.3.2. I've got the file pix632.bin, but I don't know how to flash the BIOS, which commands, and if I have to reboot the PIX.-How to backup a ...

Dear All,Need help for configuring PIX 501.We have a PIX 501 firewall In which we want to open only ports 389 and 1419, 1460 on the firewall and block telnet and ftp applications.What will be the sample config.Our internal network is 192.168.2.0Regar...

fmatrine by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to add a 2nd ACL and static on my PIX to allow external access for Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) on port 3389.At the moment there is a ACL and static configured for access to one internal server via RDP on port 3389, but when I try to con...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have verified my keys are correct....I think the DSL provider on one of my PIX's is blocking port 500. Any help/ ideas would be greatly appreciated...I copied a debug crypto isa 2 log...I'm at a stand still...Total : 1Embryonic : 1 dst ...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've got a new PIX 515E and I would like to know how I can do the connection to my PC by the console and with the serial port.And after it will be connected, how to backup configuration from an other PIX 515E to run this configuration in my new PIX 5...

I posted this originally in the Content Networking section. I figured since it involved the PIX someone might have some useful info that is related:Quote -Greetings all,I currently have a setup where I have 2 Pix 515 devices that are setup a master/...

Hello. I need the config lines to open up port 80 for UDP and TCP for the 6.1.4 version of the PIX 501.I don't know if the static (inside,outside) commands work with my version, and do I need an access-list or access-group for this command? I have ...

I have 2 PIX 515e's in failover mode and I have recently encountered failover's to the secondary. I have syslog functioning; however I do not recieve any syslog update of the failover or why it failed. (Documentation says otherwise). I do recieve t...

mstubbers by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a linux box running as my gateway to my network, then the second layer of protection is served by PIX 501. i need to access my shared drive located on Linux(running samba) from my internal host (win2k) via pix. Do i use static mapping? or acce...

wesleykuk by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am have problems with acls on my pix 515 (have tried with both 6.3(1) and 6.3(3).I type the following lines:access-list aclesht permit tcp any host 195.105.153.150 eq wwwaccess-group aclesht in interface eshtwri memI then try to connect to the w...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: