Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

if i configure the 4507 with a ethernet module 3 with 48 port into 3 vlans , and give two vlans an management ip and one vlan without ip.The vlan without management ip i named it as vlan-outside .In outside valn vlan i want to connect the pix, d...

ashfaq678 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allI setup a IP-VPN LAN with IP Range 192.168.3.0 with default router (192.168.3.196) in Shanghai office, in HK, I have another IP Range 192.168.1.0 with default router (192.168.1.196) and default gateway is (PIX 515 Firewall, 192.168.1.254) -> th...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

First off I am new to Cisco.We have two sites, all traffic from site B gets routed to site A.(if site B wants internet all traffic comes to site A first). We have one entire class c and its divided into 2 subnets. We want to setup VPN between sites w...

kpatram by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help clear this up for me...Scenario:Two switches are separated by a primary and secondary pix using failover.For whatever reason, the pix's failover.Question:Once the failover occurs, won't the switches (using spanning tre...

The MTU of all interfaces on my PIX525 is 1500. When I plug my laptop outside my PIX, and run the test at http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks, the MTU is 1500. When I do the same test on my LAN, behind the PIX, the MTU suddenly drops to 1420. I have ...

abatson by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have tried just about everything and it seems like everything we try does not even affect the SYN Flood we are recieving.All it is a port 80 request for a web page, many,mnay connections, the 501 acts like we did not even set anything on it, we se...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i have a pix 501 with 10 license.i have 10 pc in my lan- all connecting to the internet at the same time.i also have a vpn site2site. does the communicathion in the site2site takes license from the 10 license i have for my lan pc?

leeb by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need for users behind my PIX to use MSM Messenger audio and video. Microsoft says that I need a Universal PlugnPlay firewall in order to do this. I found a lot of articles on PIX UPnP, SIP and so forth but none are very conclusive as to what I ne...

tato386 by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are evaluating the PIX firewall for use. From the documentation i see that its not possible for me to URL filtering using PIX. THe solution offerred is using websense ( $$$$ ) How is this done. ThanksMad

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is the pix capable of proxying DNS requests and if so, will it do any validation of the DNS response? I'm concerned about buffer overflow and invalid formatted DNS messages going into and out of my network.Thanks

msullivan by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello,my customer is having the ff;users---6506---3640-----remote routersthe 6506 was also conncted to the HQ thru where the mainframe resides6506--------infrared--------HQ-----mainframewith the above scenario, the 3270 applications from both the rem...

rpalacio by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card