Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Enabling our customers to leverage their install base and take them to the next level with Cisco Secure Firewall Threat Defense has always been a key priority.  The migration tool is available for download to migrate the configuration on the on-premi...

gopaks by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 4 Helpful votes

Hi my question is when you integrate websense with a PIX can you get the PIX to forward permited traffic back to a gateway on the inside subnet as opposed to going through the firewall to the outside interface and beyond? the existing firewall does n...

For reasons best known to themselves our supplier tied in our IP address to the MAC address of our firewall. Hence change the device, you get a new MAC address and a new IP address!Is there any way of keeping the SAME MAC address on the OUTSIDE of th...

WANAdmin1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Using static to NAT a private IP to public and have dns rewrite enabled.static (dmz1,outside) 66.x.x.211 10.18.62.11 dns netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0This 66.x.x.211 address is the address returned for www.customerX.comThis seems to be working OK for A...

Purely lab purposes - Pix 501 and 6.3 OS - What is best way to setup NTP on a Pix 501 ? Can I use an Dell XP PC clock as a time source - and how do I do this ? (I have an XP PC linked to Internet getting time check once a day from Atomic clock). Tha...

pdpmail by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I seem to be stuck with this issue. I scanned my firewall using www.grc.com. After the scan I seem to have a number of ports open aside from the ones that need to be open like 80 and 25. The port numbers that are currently open are 53,88,135,139,1...

pj_mtl by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have a decision to make regarding our PIX515e.We have the DMZ bundled PIX.I have been considering setting up the following configuration.internet>pix>dmz>Front End Exchange>Internal ExchangeHowever every where I look the advice is not to use...

Need help with this guysI've got two interfacesinterace inside 172.16.25.1 255.255.255.128 sec100interface e4 172.16.25.193 255.255.255.224 sec10i need to allow telnet in "e4" for hosts in "inside"MY Config (disabled NAT in e4)static (inside,e4) 17...

Any help would be appreciated.I have configured many 501's in the past but recently I just ran into a problem that has me confused. Perhaps I am not configuring them the correct way or something..Anyways here is my question:ISP gave a block of 8 IP a...