Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,We would like to use object group in our PIX configuration. Can you please let us know what version of software we need to upgrade the PIX to achieve that? Currently we are on version 5.2(5).Thanks.

pokwan by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a Pix 506 that has a VPN connection to a PIX 520. There is one client on the 520 side that loses the ability to connect to the data server on the 506 side of the network. All other hosts can communicate accross. If we remote to a pc on the...

Is there a command on pix (v6.3.3) that would give a list of services (eg:http server) currently running on the pix? The "show service" doesn't really say much....thanks.

Issue:Need to cfg. PIX 525 with a 2950 dmz switch. Would like to make VLANS on switch. Do not wish to use router on a stick to route between VLANS. internetrouter |outside pix -- dmz switch (w vlans 2-6)inside prod networkIt is my understanding tha...

dswia555 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Even though the PIX is not a true router, with 6.3 version of OS, PIX supports Vlans and you can assign IP addresses to each vlan configured. Does the PIX truly route between these vlans ? When logical VLAN interfaces are created, a security value is...

Hi,in order to authenticate the users when they go to browse Internet I did a configuration using a PIX 515 and MS-IAS.It works fine except when the user reads mails with Internet links (using Outlook).For every Internet link into the message, the us...

ebassi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've read several related posts, but I can't quite figure out what I am doing wrong. This is my first time configuring a PIX.PIX 501 version 6.3(1) I'm trying to allow inbound SMTP traffic to an internal mail server. We have only a single IP addre...

Trying to FTP from inside to outside. It works with nat 0 but when I use a static mapping from a.b.c.148(inside address) to a.b.c.120(outside address) it will not work. They are in different subnets. The PIX seems to just ignore the packet. There is ...

On cisco routers if I issue a command that generates a lot of output, such as the show run, I have the option to break out of it by hitting Ctrl-C which avoids me having to spacebar my way through all of the output. How do I do the same on the PIX, t...

mjsully by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

what will be my PIX outside Ip address when it is connected directly to the Router. suppose the routers e0=192.168.10.10 & dialer is ip address negotiated (since it is dialing out to the internet).LAN-----PIX?--------Router---------Internet

shoebwk by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 2 mail servers running Imail on my network. Now i have got a customised application of my client to run on my network. My network is equpiied with cscpo pix 525 with IOS 6.1 . The application sends mail from the IIS virtual SMTP server which d...