Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I was looking at this document about PIX and 802.1q VLAN trunking:http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_63/config/bafwcfg.htm#1140519In this example there is a server in VLAN1. The physical interface of the pix is put in...

jamey by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am considering using my ACS (TACACS) to authenticate administration users on a new VPN 3000 concentrator. My concern is that there does not appear to be a fallback authentication method such as in the routers. Does anyone know if there is indeed a ...

thethmon by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Friends, Around 300 dialup clients are connecting to my PIX from various public ip assigned internet pc's,whereas they will be assigned an ip from the pool of my pix to access my LAN.Now we are moving to all the clients to cisco isdn routers wit...

Hi everybody,Could anybody help me?I'm at customer'e facilities and we want to upgrade PIX 525 sw. Current verion is 6.0(1).Are we allowed to upgrade to 6.2(3) ? And if yes, what about license key, should we request a new one ?If we are not allowed t...

iraira by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have two private line T-1s coming in from customers that directly connect to our network and we decided we needed to put a firewall up between their networks and ours even though there is no public traffic traversing any of these connections. The...

stevem by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have a customer who has a PIX 515E, 2 interfaces (inside and outside). He has an SMTP server on the inside network. I've permitted the necessary couduit to allow SMTP from the outside to the SMTP server. Mailguard is enabled (fixup proto...

Hi,we have an rpc application through the PIX. the client and server are on different segments of the firewall. rpc timeout on PIX is set to 10 minutes. sometimes we have a problem like this: client tries to send a new request to server on its establ...

We have just recently aquired a 515 and have loaded the latest code rev's for ios and PDM however on the bench the laptop we are connecting to the inside does not run up PDM it just shows page cannot be displayed. we have used the default wizard to s...

idodd by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,is there a possibility to configure a policy routing at the pix firewall.I want to configure a policy routing at the pix that only traffic from a special IP address routes over a special gateway all other traffic should use the default standard...

I am in the middle of changing from a 520 to a 515. I have moved everything except the VPN tunnels. I an getting the following error, when I enter the "no sysopt route dnat" command."The sysopt route dnat option has been deprecated"Any thoughs.The ...

Resolved! PIX Failover

We have a PIX 515e failover bundle. In the documentation I read that the failover PIX will reboot very 12 hours min. Does this also occur in a "regular" failover design?