Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,everyone: How can I distinguish the Unrestricted license (UR) and restricted license software? Is there any command to distinguish them? Another question is what is PIX-VPN-DES (56-bit DES IPSec software license for PIX)? Is it a piece o...

zoushan by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to find out if subinterfaces are supported on the PIX firewalls. I am about to create a subinterface on my router due to non condiguous Class C IP ranges (can not do VLSM) and need to find out how the PIX will look at the different IP address...

bsaenz by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two PIX 515 to be connected in a failover configuration. I want to configure "stateful" failover which requires a dedicated fastethernet interface on each PIX. Do I still need to connect the special serial failover cable between the two PIX or...

pambosch by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a PPTP client sitting behind a PIX firewall attempting to connect to a remote Microsoft PPTP VPN server. It appears to reach the remote server then returns a server not responding message during the authentication. I configured a static NAT ad...

lairdnet by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Installed VPN 3.5.1 on a laptop running W2K, when I tried to connect to the PIX it displayed the following message "Remote peer is no longer responding" however it worked on a home PC running W2K and also on WIN 98 laptop/desktop.The problem seem to ...

saluko by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Everyone,I am having touble with configuring PPTP to work with the PIX 501. I have 5 global static addresses and am using one for pat for the internal network and one for pptp traffic.I have created a static map for the PPTP on the pixstatic (...

billy.b by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Help. Looking for a sample config or the commands to configure PPPOE on the new PIX code.Specifically How do I send a Username and Password from the PIX to a Terminating Device (ISP Equipment).Thanks, Tom P

tpesik by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I set up the ssh on on PIX 501 , made the rsa key 1024 and all that - domain name etc.. and did the ssh cmd:ssh x.x.x.x 255.255.255.255 outsideMy question is what Username do you USE..? Can I make one in PIX? I have tried "pix", "cisco" and my domain...

rgrcommo by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Ok I have been through every thread on this forum and have found this same question posed several times but no answers seem to work for what I have currently and I never saw anyone say "Hey that worked" so I am posting it again......I know how to do ...

chooser1 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card