Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

Dear readers,I like to know how one can configure a PIX which only allows established connections on for example http. I know and have already configured access-list on a Cisco IOS router using the established parameter, for example access-list 110 p...

Hi,I am new to the Cisco Pix. We are in the process of implementing a new Pix 520. I was wondering how I can upload a policy from another Pix into this new one. Is it possible to upload all the ip address and route information as well? Thanks in adva...

kynguyen by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two networks connected together via Frame-Relay. One network has a PIX on it. There is an Access-list bound to the inside interface, which is what the Frame-traffic gets routed to.Why is it, that I can't ping some systems on the network with...

apaxson by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 2 Pix 515 firewalls absolutly identical in every way even the configs.They are both completly stand alone and one will be used as a reserve.The problem I am having is since making a couple of odd configuration changes to one of the pixs (remeb...

mwarwick by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi. I'm really new to PIX and it's configurations. In following the Startup Guide for the 501, it tells me to go to the CLI and type some commands to return the unit to it's default state. However, when I try using the CLI tool inside the PDM I consi...

tcrooch by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two web servers sitting on my DMZ. Both have 10.1.1.x addresses translated to global IP's. One is a Notes Web Server, the other IIS 5.0. Both servers are accessable from the outside by going to their respective URL and/or IP address. Howev...

jshank by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I had a syslog server for a pix on an NT4 server and I need to move it to a Win 2K server. When I run the PFSS vs 5.11 software it tells me that I need at least a NT4 or newer server and then it exits automatically. Any thoughts?

kevand by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I has three different debugs installed on the PIX 515, e.g. debug crypto ipsec 4, debug crypto isakmp 4 and a IP packet debug on the inside interface. Afte about 15 min crashes the PIX with the follow message ...

imeissner by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes