Views
Helpful
Replies

nexus 9k / vrrpv3 / track

nvanhaute
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I would like to know how to configure tracking interface with vrrpv3 on n9k.

A (master) :
interface Vlan1145
no shutdown
ip address xxxxxx/26
vrrpv3 4 address-family ipv4
priority 110
address yyyyyyyy primary

B (slave) :
interface Vlan1145
no shutdown
ip address zzzzzz/26
vrrpv3 4 address-family ipv4
address yyyyyyyy primary

and I want to track interface Ethernet 1/40 on each, so if 1/40 is down on master, A should become slave and B master. If 1/40 on A is back up, A should become master again (and B slave).

Thanks

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what configuraiton in place of now in nexus ? or you looking example :

here is example to get an idea how you can track and manipulate active/slave peers :

https://content.cisco.com/chapter.sjs?uri=/searchable/chapter/content/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/ipapp_fhrp/configuration/15-e/fhp-15-e-book/VRRPv3-Object-Tracking-Integration.html.xml

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

thanks for your reply.

but is it the same as IOS ?  in my case I want to track an interface (not the vrrp one)

I know it's different as vrrpv2, that's why I want to be sure before adding configuration

regards

most command syntax same and approach same.

in my case I want to track an interface (not the vrrp one)

Can you explain what is the goal here ? if one of the peer go other one automatically go as slave ? what you looking to achieve here ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

the "interface" I want to track is my peering to the internet so if it goes down, I want to switch trafic (vip) to the second link

Nicolas

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have VPC configured? If yes, is the vlan 1145 allowed over peer-link? If also yes, then tracking is irrelevant, since FHRP in vPC setup, will always work in active/active (even if the status is active/standby).

Stay safe,

Sergiu

nop, no vpc on my side

Nicolas