Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Don't miss this Cisco Catalyst 8000 offer

Forum Posts

Hi thereI am using ZR trancivers for 79Km fiber link.I enabled DOM so I can get readings. This link is used to carry IPTV multicast. though I cannot see any packet dropped, on interfaces or after extended pings my STB still register loosing packets.a...

1. What is the primary purpose for DWDM transport networks?2. What does UPSR stand for and give a description?3. What is a CLLI code and its use?4. What is an OTDR and what is it used for?5. What is the bandwidth of an OC-192?6. What is the bandwidth...

Hello guys! I am not familiar with Cisco interface cards or modules, thus, I need your assistance.What Interface card/s or network module/s that convert E1/T1 line to fiber optics? The client is using 2800 Cisco Router Series. Thank you in advance!

As be known that hold ctrl+shift while clicks "help -> about CTC" above the CTC window resulting the debug window occurs.Does anyone know the debug command usage?Since we got a provisioning issue on the 15454-CE card which exists a "hidden" crossconn...

joychou by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anybody know if there is a maximum number of nodes you can have on a UPSR. Or maybe is there any limitation on the number CTC will support? I have 6 UPSR's. 3 OC-12 Rings and 3 OC-48 Rings with a total of 29 nodes. My biggest ring is an OC-48 Ri...

eknell by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes