cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7912 Series Express Pack

quicksilver2005
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to troubleshoot our new phone system however our system is the "Express Pack". Can anyone tell me what exactly this is and how it differs from a full version?

Thanks,

Bob

6 Replies 6

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

check in the below link for Cisco 7912 series phone

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/ps5169/index.html

Cant seem to find a reference about 7912 Express pack anywhere. What are you trying to troubleshoot, may be we can help with finding a solution to your real problem. I dont think Express pack is relevant here.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Sorry I show have been a little bit clear. We have the Cisco Call Manager "Express" Version. There is a lot of noise in the line. If we were to upgrade to the Full version Call Manager, would this correct the problem?

Thanks,

Is the noise on external/PSTN calls only?

Are On-net calls are fine (IP phone to IP phone at same site?)?

What type of router, IOS version, modules?

Are there multiple sites involved with WAN links (T1, frame, etc) between sites or is it a single site?

Are there any errors on any interfaces that the phones connect to or the calls come in to or go out of?

Yes the noise is only on external/PSTN calls. IP phone to IP phone calls are fine there is no echo or noise. CME is running on a 2651xm router and the CUE runs on the integrated blade within the 2651xm, it's actually IOS ported to a Linux back end. The voice gateway, which handles the analog (pots) is running on a Cisco 1760 w/ 8 voice FXO interfaces.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks!

I would suggest putting a telecom tool called a "butt-set" or alternately a plain analog phone on each POTS line, either by the router or in your telephone closet.

Make an outside test call on each line to try and identify which line is presenting you with static. Once you have identified the line, call your carrier's repair number and present them with the phone number for additional testing.

The static is not from the "digital" side of the call, meaning your CME router or IP phones, or switches is not causing the problem. It is more then likely a carrier issue with the lines coming into your router.

I would not suspect a faulty FXO card because the calls are being setup and voice communication works.

Cheers.

Pat