cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7940 shows You Have VoiceMail

yshraybman
Level 4
Level 4

The voicemail is not setup for this phone but for some reason MWI is on and voicemail indicator is shown next to the line (little blinking envelope). When I hit message button it takes me to the general greeting (general mailbox). The lines are not configured to point to the VM pilot number at all. I reset phone numerous times with no luck. I checked Unity and there are no users associated with this phone DNs.

Why does it show there is a voicemail?

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you're Voice Mail Profile is set to "None" it's using the default voice mail profile.

Chris

Hi

In you callmanager ccmadmin pages under voicemail you will have numbers defined for MWI on/off.

If someone dials the MWI on number from the phone it will turn on the MWI light, and if someone had voicemail and their mailbox has been deleted it may have been left lit up...

Either way you should be able to turn it off by dialling your MWI off number (or the one that has your phone's partition in it's CSS if you have more than one set of MWI on/off numbers)...

Hope this helps

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Dialing MWI does turn off light indicator but not the line VM indicator (blinking envelope).

Selecting Voice Mail Profile to None does not solve the problem. All it does is disables "Messages" button. The problem is purely cosmetic but would like to solve it. The thing is I have other phones that are configured exactly the same way but this phone is the only one showing having a VM.