cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA to a fax server?

sskillin
Level 1
Level 1

Just wondering if this works... I'd like to use an ATA to drop a few analog lines to a fax server. We have 100 DID coming in through a T1, and would like 40 or so to go to a fax server. Can this be done? Will it pass digits through the ATA (to send faxes to different mailboxes), or do I need something else?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

thanks for the info, however I'm not sure my question is answered yet. I know ATAs are capable of transporting fax data across the network using fax mode or fax passthrough mode. What I'm wondering is if these devices can be set up (either in MGCP or H323 I'm guessing) to pass the DID numbers to the fax server in order to route incoming faxes to the correct mailbox on the fax server. Has anyone done this before using ATAs?

Did you ever get an answer to this ??? I need to do this with a VG248, but I assume the CM would get setup the same way.

I'm thinking of using a CTI Route Point, but I'm not sure how that will get the actual DNIS to the fax analog port.

--Jon

No answer yet, I'm thinking I'll just find out on site next week :) give me a shout later & i'll keep you apprised of my findings...

shaun@inetexperts.net