Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto-Registration Question

dwalsh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have auto-registration enabled on my primary CM with extensions 6000-6009. I'm deliberately using a small number of extensions. The procedure I do is to put up a phone, change the extension from 600x to whatever it's going to be, then move to the next phone. My assumption was that when I changed 6000 to 2001 (it's real extension), that 6000 would then be available for auto-registration again. However, it doesn't work that way. In other words, once I've hit ten phones, I have to go back and manually delete all the 600x extensions so there's room for new phones to auto register. This seems cumbersome. Is there some way to make it so they automatically delete themselves or at least become available for newly registering phones?

Thanks,

Dave

11 Replies 11

mcnerney
Level 4
Level 4

Dave

I don't know the answer to your question. However, the way we setup the auto registration numbers was to select the range 9991111 thru 9992222 (phony DN numbers). That way by using 1000 numbers) I never have to worry about running out and it makes it easy to find an auto-registered phone, just do a DN search for 999.

phnowicki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dave,

In the systems that I have put in, I used BAT in combination with TAPS. When TAPS moves the phone's MAC, it deletes out the auto-registered phone, there-by making the extension available to the pool. What process are you using to change the extenions?

Hi,

I want to use TAPS, but apparently there's some sort of bug in it that prevents it from working in CCM 4.0? At least that's what Cisco tells me.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

I have installed CallManager Extended Services 3.5(2) on CallManager 4.0(1) and it works great. TAPS is fully functional with no problem using Extended Services. I highly recommend it.

Hmmm... That's odd. When I go through the process, there's no TAPS.aef script to process. Only the two hotels and the AA.

TAC has identified this as a problem ...

Strange.

D.

Dave. The TAPS.aef script will not be there until after you install TAPS via the CallManager Install Plugins page. Install TAPS on the Publisher Callmanager after you install Extended Services. If you've done that already and it's still not there you should be able to find the TAPS.aef on the server and add the script to Extended Services to setup as an application.

I'm seeing this more and more on installs I have been on: You install Extended Services, then install TAPS. However, TAPS.aef does not show up.

In the past enough uninstall/reinstall's have suddenly convinced it to work. However, I came across Cisco DDTS CSCef17749 which looks like it could the culprit.

The install I'm on right now is CCM 4.0(2a)+ES 3.5(2), using DC Directory.

-jd

Confirmed this was CSCef17749. Workaround? TAC will provide you with a java class which will allow you up "upload" TAPS.aef from C:\Program Files\wfavvid to the proper spot in the directory (DCD, or otherwise).

-jd

I had a similar issue related to CSCef17749 with CCM 4.02a and ES 3.5(2) but the java class did not fix my problem. TAPS.aef was in the c:\program files\wfavvid directory but not registered in CRS ES. TAC directed me to a hidden URL that will be removed in future releases but fixed my problem. Try pointing to http:///appadmin/ScriptManagement. It is case sensitive. I was able to load the TAPS.aef file into the DC Directory and move on.

w-lam
Level 1
Level 1

Dave,

In CCM4.0, the rule is changed. All the use/config. DN will be keep in the static table until you go to "Route Plan" -> "Route Plan report" and delete the DN.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_note09186a00801e87a5.html#wp1717346

After that, you should be able to reuse the DN again.

Eric

Thanks Eric,

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. However, it's just kind of a pain is all. I was sort of hoping that you could just tell it somewhere to automatically free up the auto-registered numbers when they're configured with their real number.

Guess not though.

Thanks,

Dave