Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Create CSF Profiles Jabber Rollout

Kent Drugge
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM, CUC, IMP 11.5

I wish to create CSF TCT & BOT profiles for a group of jabber users. Can I do this will Bulk Admin tool or some other method ?

Thanks in advance !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I wonder how many people still use the bat Excel file; I personally don't use it.

What I do is, I create a BAT phone template to set all of the common settings for the import (E.g., SIP Profile), then my import CSV file has only the settings which will be different for different users. (E.g., Directory Number 1).

I typically get the heading names from an export of a sample configured phone, and look at the exported file's headings.

So, I might end up with a CSV with the following headers:

Device Name,Owner User ID,Description,Device Pool,CSS,User ID 1,Directory Number 1,Display 1,ASCII Display 1

Note that I don't include the Line Description or Alerting, because I am assuming these users already have desk phones, they just also now want CSF devices.  So, the association of the DN to the CSF will use the same Description/Alerting/Etc.

Note that the User ID 1 field, associates the CSF to the End User, but does not associate the Line Appearance to the End User.

For that, you'll want to import one more thing, which is Line Appearance associations.  That CSV is pretty small, with just the following headings:

User ID,Device,Directory Number,Partition

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can use BAT for this purpose.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I believe I stated my question incorrectly. If I can use BAT, how ? What is he procedure to do that ? I only see how to set up an ip phone device from the bat.xls template.  Thanks,

I wonder how many people still use the bat Excel file; I personally don't use it.

What I do is, I create a BAT phone template to set all of the common settings for the import (E.g., SIP Profile), then my import CSV file has only the settings which will be different for different users. (E.g., Directory Number 1).

I typically get the heading names from an export of a sample configured phone, and look at the exported file's headings.

So, I might end up with a CSV with the following headers:

Device Name,Owner User ID,Description,Device Pool,CSS,User ID 1,Directory Number 1,Display 1,ASCII Display 1

Note that I don't include the Line Description or Alerting, because I am assuming these users already have desk phones, they just also now want CSF devices.  So, the association of the DN to the CSF will use the same Description/Alerting/Etc.

Note that the User ID 1 field, associates the CSF to the End User, but does not associate the Line Appearance to the End User.

For that, you'll want to import one more thing, which is Line Appearance associations.  That CSV is pretty small, with just the following headings:

User ID,Device,Directory Number,Partition

Is this same process for TCT and BOT ? Also what is the import process ..

In general the process is the same for all device types. The content of the template and CSV file as described by Anthony might differ slightly, but also here in general much of it is the same. If you follow the outline of Anthony’s post you’ll be well on your way. Best thing is to test it out with a small number of devices to see if it works or if you need to work some more on it.

Response Signature

My issue is getting the right format to work for a TCT bulk job. I keep getting errors when trying to run a test job.

What does it complain about ?

I load using AXL and not BAT but the mobile devices are generally the same.

They require you to specify the device name in the right format, and there are different line limits as far as maximum calls and that.

Can someone share a sample file they used?  I need to add CSF files for over 4000 associates and seeing a template that someone used successfully will up my confidence level.  Many thanks!

I wrote a Ruby script to more or less use AXL for this to load from a CSV, but, I don't know if it would work if your environment or not. I would say to only really try this sort of thing if you have some dev experience to be able to modify the code as needed for your application

@spoonekYou can use this file together with a phone template in CUCM where you define all the shared settings for a CSF device. The file only contains the unique values per phone. This is in essence what @Anthony Holloway described in an earlier answer. The attached file only has example text in it, you will need to put some work to fill it in per your needs.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: