cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward All issue.

akoukis
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with CUCM 5.1 and CUC 1.2 and I have implemented the following scenario:

I have one DN (5829) which the central number (210XXXXXXX) is routed.

During office hours, this number it has CFwall to a Unity Callhandler (the extension of callhandler is 5829) with the main menu greeting.

When the operator wants, she will cancel this CFwall and she will do another CFwall to a

DN with a Voicemail which will play the outofofficehours greeting and then wait for a voicemail message. The problem becomes when the operator makes the second CFwall the Unity Connection saws always the dial number the 5829 DN and not the last redirect number and routes the incoming calls to callhandler with main menu. This happens only with incomings calls from pstn.

Any help will be useful to solve this issue.

Regards

Anestis

7 Replies 7

Avner Izhar
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

This behavior is normal, but can be changed.

It need to be changed in call manager by setting another vm profile which has a mask that changes the calling number and is assigned to the other dn.

HTH, Avner.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Anestis,

Sadly, I can't see this working the way you want. In this scenario it's one or the other but not both as you have discovered. I would try using a Closed Greeting on the Call Handler based on a time of day Schedule. In the new "Closed" greeting you could offer a Menu choice to leave a Message (this would have to be linked to any mailbox other than 5829)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob, I think the schedule is a good idea except they want the capability to transfer manually at different times.

I have done aizhar's suggestion many times in this kind of situation as the workaround by creating a unique VM Profile for the Second Extension that Masks that extension so even if a phone gets forwarded to that second extension Unity still sees the second extension instead of the original extension which is the way it would normally work.

Hi Shane/Avner,

I like this idea and have rated both you and Avner 5 points for this thinking. I have used VM profiles in many cases but not for this type of request. I am thinking that for this to work you would need to involve a 3rd number (mid-point) wouldn't you.

So you want 5829 to be able to Call Forward to 5800 (just an example DN) at the end of the day or anytime I guess. In the current setup when this Forward to 5800 happens Unity still sees the 5829 Calling DN and routes to the 5829 Call Handler. If I apply a Voicemail Profile on 5800 it loses its ability to have an actual mailbox doesn't it because the profile will really reference another DN/Mailbox. So wouldn't you need this mid-point number like 5822 for example. The Voicemail Profile would be applied here that masks to 5800. The Call Forward on 5829 would then be set to 5822 (on Call Forward to 5800) for the CLID of 5829 to be stripped and the proper profile applied. Thus the After Hours Greeting and ability to leave a message at 5800 would work. Or maybe this is completely off base :)

I am not on Campus right now so I can't test this theory. Can you clarify this for me if you get a chance.

Thanks Guys!

Rob

akoukis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

Thank you for your time,your help and your ideas.I solve my problem with the following steps:1st I make a translation (on CUCM) in the hunt pilot which control the VM ports whichies are points to callhandler.2nd I create(on CUC) a Fordwording Rule with the specifics extensions in order to send the incomings calls at the callhandler at working hours.3rd I create a VM box for 5829 DN with Forward No Answer condittion for the no working hours when the operator cancel the CFwall to callhandler.

Regards

Anestis

That is and excellent idea, I will have put that one in my bag of tricks. Thanks for posting back with your results

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: