cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't call missed calls because system won't add "9" prefix

itsupport
Level 1
Level 1

When I check the phone log for missed calls, and want to just hit the soft key to call the number, I always get a "you're call can not be completed" because it's not set up to dial 9 first. How can I fix this for my staff so that it will dial 9 for external calls but not dial 9 for calls that came from within our internal system?

8 Replies 8

fbhutto
Level 1
Level 1

The reason you dont see a 9 is because the call is incoming and telco passes you the digits of the caller. your users can hit either edit dial and insert a 9 themselves or if you want it to be fixed, you will have to enable the direct area code dialing wihtout the need of a 9 by creating a route pattern. for instance, 713XXXXXXX for all calls to 713 area code and hence you wont require a nine to call out since you will have a pattern in CM for it. The problem still lies with long distance missed calls, users can either hit edit dial and do 91 or you can add patterns for 1[2-8]XXXXXXXXX for LD calls.

eug-c
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm facing the same problem.

example if the missed call is 9123 4567.

You can't do a redial unless u add a 9 infront.

A sort-of workaround is to add the route pattern to allow 9XXX XXXX as well as 9 9XXX XXXX - which is a bit incorrect as users would not even need to dial 9 for external calls.

There is another issue that I'm facing, that is, if my external calls start with a 6XXX XXXX. I have to add this route pattern as well and the problem lies in my user extensions starts with 6 as well.

This causes users dialing internal extensions to wait for the interdigit Timeout which is quite unacceptable.

Anyone got a better solution than to just add the route patterns containing the external numbers?

Thanks! =)

This is SHAFAY LATIF

The reason you dont see a 9 is because the call is incoming and telco passes you the digits of the caller. your users can hit either edit dial and insert a 9 themselves or if you want it to be fixed, you will have to enable the direct area code dialing wihtout the need of a 9 by creating a route pattern. for instance, 713XXXXXXX for all calls to 713 area code and hence you wont require a nine to call out since you will have a pattern in CM for it. The problem still lies with long distance missed calls, users can either hit edit dial and do 91 or you can add patterns for 1[2-8]XXXXXXXXX for LD calls

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Have you tried creating a translation pattern for your DDIs ?

Firstly create a DDI Partition and CSS which only has the specific DDI partition assigned.

For example if your Telco provides 6 digits 818XXX, and your DDI range is 8XXX, create a translation pattern for 818XXX, and assigned it to the DDI partition.

Within the Calling Party Transformation put a Prefix Digit (outgoing calls) with the value 9.

Also within the same pattern configure the called party transformation mask as 8XXX.

Finally assigned the DDI CSS to the MGCP endpoint/gateway. This should append the CallingParty or external calls with 9, and should not affect internal dialing.

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

Take a look at the following enterprise parameters. It will not only add the 9 for local calls, but the 91 for long distance and the 9011 for international calls. I haven't tried it out yet, but it's what it was meant for I've been told.

National Number Prefix

International Number Prefix

Subscriber Number Prefix

Unknown Number Prefix

eug-c
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I may have gotten an idea from this link:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dd76ff2/1#selected_message

When calls come in, prefix a * infront of the calling number in the gateway configuration. Therefore when you see the missed calls, there is a * infront of all numbers.

Next, add a translation pattern that matches the local number with a * infront. (eg. *.XXXX XXXX).

Remove the * with a predot and prefix the number 9

to dial out. This would need to be done on the extensions as well.

Then you would be able to dial missed call numbers.

Any comments?

I guess the problem with manually putting in a 9 in front of the dialed numbers is that some calls are local and require only the 9, and some are long distance, which require a 9+1+number and some are international which require 9+011+number (or whatever your dial for international). By putting only a 9, then only local numbers are fixed, and users will have to edit dial all other numbers.

Using the * procedure should work (although still have the above issues) but then you lose the ability to use * for other neat things like system speed dials, etc.

That all being said, I'll have to try out the prefixes I mentioned above and see if they work. Like I said, I've been told they work - but never really tried it.

Also, if you have 10 digit local dialing, then a the prefixes will automatically add a 91 in the front of them, thinking they're long distance numbers. To fix this, a number of route patterns removing the 1 will have to be created.

I'll try to post here when I've completed my tests.

psanjay
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

The issue can resolved at the voice-gateway level by using translation rule to pre-pend the prefix ie "0" or "9" to all incoming calls and applying it to the incoming VOIP dial-peer. Thus all the incoming calls will appear in the list as 9xxxxx or 0xxxxxx. This will enable you to call from teh phone call lists.