cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Media Module (WS-SVC-CMM)

mcnerney
Level 4
Level 4

We recently removed a 6608 blade and installed a CMM in a 6509 switch. The idea was to move from CAT OS to IOS. In slot one we installed a WS-SVC-CMM-6T1 module for PRI trunking. We now have three gateways registered to our CCM Cluster using PRI trunks to the PSTN. This is working fine. Now I would like to have a gateway registered to our VOIP lab server (with PRI truninkg to PSTN) and can't figure out how to point one of the ports to a separate IP address. Is this possible? When we had the 6608 blade we had gateways pointed to the CCM Cluster and the VOIP lab server and I would like to have that same configuration if possible.

2 Replies 2

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

The CMM can't be registered to multiple CallManager clusters with MGCP, nor can any other IOS-based CallManager MGCP gateway. While the generic IOS MGCP code itself supports operation of multiple profiles, the IOS CallManager MGCP code doesn't know about profiles and expects to be talking to one cluster.

It's possible to configure the CMM using H.323, and that way you could talk to as many clusters as you want.

Jason

Thanks again! I was afraid you would say that, but then I have a VG200 I can use for the VOIP lab server.

Larry