Views
Helpful
Replies

CRA Having LDAP Error Code 49 (Urgent)

ney25
Level 2
Level 2

Hi NetPro,

I'm Having problem in CRA, it prompted " javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid credentials] (80004005) ".

Does anyone can send me some relevant documents or guide .

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Jackal

6 Replies 6

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First obvious thing to check is the authentication information on CRA.

If you are using DC Directory, it'll be worth you while to login to Dc Directory Administrator to see if you have the correct password.

If you are integrated with W2k or Netscape Dir, do you have password expiration policy.

Has the password been changed recently?

H. M.

Hi H.M ,

Actually,i did changed password but it was 1 year ago. since within a year,i never had this kind of problem, but when i install another new machine (Server,purely fresh and brand new server), it was happened. so,i am confirm it my password all is brand new.

so, how do i solve it the issues ?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Jackal

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, make sure that your DCDir Admin password is identical to CRA. Login to DcDir Admin and retype in the password in the CRA admin.

This is not going to be an easy one to fix in the forum. You may have to call into TAC for this one. At very least, give me your versions, and some event logs when this happened.

H. M.

jubug
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Did you ever get to the bottom of this as I am experiencing the same problem!!

Ta

June

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note If you receive this error message: javax.naming.AuthenticationException:

{LDAP:error code 49 - Invalid credentials (80004005),

you might need to change the password for DC Directory to match your Windows logon password. See the "Changing the DC Directory Password" section.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_note09186a00801560b8.html

Cheers .. but I've already done that (numerous times) and it's still showing the same error message.

Any other ideas?

Ta

June

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: