Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC - Auto attendant

lisandro
Level 1
Level 1

Dear, I hope you are well.

In this case I am writing to you to see if you can help me or guide me in a configuration that I have to do in connection with cisco unity. I have to set up a very simple automatic wizard but I can't find the correct option or how to do it.

I have a single audio that says: "Welcome to the company" XXX "if you know the internal number, dial it, otherwise wait and they will attend you".

I can't find a way to make sure that when someone calls they don't have to press any options (not zero, not one). If you know the inmate's number, dial it or wait and they will see you.

I was able to do it in Automatic Attendant Service (B-ACD) but in CUC I can't find the correct options to make it happen.

If anyone ever set it up this way, can you give me a hand? Thank you

34 Replies 34

Sorry but I don’t get what you’re problem is. In the part of your text where you wrote about your problem there isn’t any clear definition of a problem, not as far as I can see anyway.

Response Signature

Thank you very much Roger Kallberg,
Excuse me if I could not translate my problem well, but I could see that it only gives me the message when I called an intern who is in CUC, but not when I dial an extension that is in CUCM and for me it is fine since all extensions are the same that I have in CUCM.

Now I have a question about the configuration of my Auto-attendant.
To configure my automatic assistant, I followed the following link "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En18tN1pNMw"

My Auto-attendant works fine for me, but I see something strange in the CTI Route Points configuration.

I show them in the following image

n:

In other words, I see None None and am completely baffled.

Can you explain to me if that is normal? I have no problems calling the extension, everything works fine for me.

Sorry if it's a silly question, I just want to understand the whole operation.

For your information I have a SIP trunk to CUC, maybe it is not necessary to configure a CTI RP, can it be?

Thanks

That's Normal.

you can integrate CUCM and CUC using SCCP & SIP protocol. And the SIP trunk you created between CUCM and CUC is for integration and call handling. CUCM use this SIP trunk to send/receive calls to/from  CUC

If you assign an extension to CTI route point, you can have have a maximum calls and busy trigger as mentioned below.

Capture.PNG

if you assign the same on a phone below mentioned is the maximum your get. So we normally assign AA extension  to a CTI and also another reason is to avoid consuming license. The AA  will also work if you create just an extension with call forward all to VM.

Capture2.png

Response Signature

This is normal as CUC does not have control over the CTI RP via CTI and it does not have any need to be in control of it. The important part of the configuration is the directory number that is forwarded to voicemail.

So your remaining problem is that you hear the message Wait while I transfer your call? If so @Nithin Eluvathingal already gave you the information on how to get rid of that, “uncheck the Play the Wait While I Transfer Your call Prompt option”.

On a side note, the polite thing would be to give appreciation to the people who helps you out by using the helpful vote option on posts before asking for more help on new questions.

Response Signature

Thank you very much for the help provided, as always the community is supporting those who need it.

@Nithin Eluvathingal

@Roger Kallberg 

And everyone who could help me would leave a thousand points, thank you very much again

Best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: