Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward No Answer Timeout

Bella Edu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm the main point of call in my department and I'm trying to shorten the ring time or have the phone go to silent after a certain number of rings.

The method I found here: How do I change the number of rings before my Cisco IP Phone forwards to voice mail? - Cisco Community seems to no longer be applicable.

My Cisco phone is model number CP-7841-K9.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi ,

If you want to change it globally, go to System --> Service Parameters --> Select you Call Manager --> Select Callmanager service--> Click on "Advanced" --> Find "Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - Forward)" section --> change "Forward No Answer Timer:" value to your desired number of seconds (eg. 16 seconds are about 4 rings)

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

If you reduce call forward no answer timer on your Line to 10 sec,  the call will ring for 10 sec and if the voicemail option is not activated on this line the call will be disconnected after 10 sec.

If you are looking for an option to ring the call silently  after few second this is not possible.

Response Signature

Thanks for the clarification on the silence.

How would I reduce the ring time then?

CUCM rings a phone for 12 seconds (by default) and then looks at the No Answer behavior to determine what to do next. The Ring No Answer Duration timer can be set to make that timer longer or shorter. Note that this will affect all instances of this number, meaning this will affect every phone on which this line appears.

RNAR.jpg

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Maren

NithinEluvathingal_1-1698885711209.png

Response Signature

To change the ring time duration, go to the phone directory number configuration and look for the "No Answer Ring Duration (seconds)" setting. You can adjust the ring time to any value you want, keeping in mind that each ring is approximately 4 seconds long.

Hi ,

If you want to change it globally, go to System --> Service Parameters --> Select you Call Manager --> Select Callmanager service--> Click on "Advanced" --> Find "Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - Forward)" section --> change "Forward No Answer Timer:" value to your desired number of seconds (eg. 16 seconds are about 4 rings)

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"