Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO Share with Analog Phone and Answering Machine

justin.cohen
Level 1
Level 1

CCM 4.01 with C2600 MGCP E/W FXO card.

When the line rings, we get one ring on the analog phone and one on the answering machine and then that's it, because the 2600 compeltes the loop, the IP phones continue to ring though, but I need it to keep ringing the analog stuff.

Thoughts?

7 Replies 7

gdraganiuk
Level 1
Level 1

I didn't find any reference to plar-opx for MGCP ports, but the Off Premise eXtension has the useful feature of not going off-hook on the FXO port until the call has been answered by the destination device.

You might need to configure the c2600 as an H323 gateway to make it go.

voice-port 1/0/0

description FXO port to CO

connection plar opx [dn]

dn might be the pilot number for the hunt-group

of your analog phone and answering machine.

i'd like to point out, the analog phone and answering machine are connected to the line directly and not through an FXS port on the router,

COLine --> Splitter --> FXO and Answering Machine

you could increment the ring number. This will keep the fxo port from picking up so soon.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00800b350e.html#wp1018128

If I increment the ring number will the IP Phones ring? Or will it wait until the ring timer is up before ringing the IP Phones?

That reference also claims the command is only for 36xx I am on a 2651

I don't remember if it waits to ring the IP phone or not. I used this command on a 1760 and it worked just fine so you may give it a shot on the 2600.

rseiler
Level 3
Level 3

The only way to do this is to use a Cisco ATA. I'm not sure if you are using CallManager or CME. Either way, you would plug the answering machine into the ATA and it would ring just like the shared line appearance on the IP Phone. You would configure no call forward on the IP phone DN and just let the answering machine answer the call on X rings.

I tried what you describe above with a phone splitter every which way and only the ATA solution did what I needed.

Hope this helps...

/Rick

i'm pretty sure this has to be possible, and i've spoken with other who "Claim" it's been done before.