cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

incoming pstn call to FXO port problem

dennis-wilson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2821. Incoming PSTN calls come in to a 4 port FXO card.

voice-port 0/0/0

output attenuation -1

no comfort-noise

connection plar opx 51700

caller-id enable

dial-peer voice 3220 pots

preference 1

destination-pattern .T

incoming called-number .

port 0/0/0

I have this same config in about 10 other locations that have to use h323 and they work no problem. At this site when you call in the caller hears three rings and then silence for a few seconds, then half a ring and "Sorry your call can't be completed" This comes in on voice-port 0/0/0 but 0/0/1 also lights up and I get this from a show call,0/0/0 None - S_PROCEEDING FXOLS_PROCEEDING

0/0/1 None - S_SETUP_REQ_PROC FXOLS_WAIT_DIAL_TONE. Any ideas? IOS 12.3(14)T2

17 Replies 17

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

If your second port lights up you could be using RJ-11 cable with 4 pins by mistake. Try using 2 pins instead

I changed the cable to two pins with no luck.

dweiner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't list your other dial-peers. It sounds like 51700 is matching on the .T destination and going back out. What destination-pattern are you using on your voip dial-peer to direct calls to 51700?

'show dialplan number 51700' should show all possible matches.

I'm not a big fan of the .T destination-pattern b/c it's ambiguous, but I have seen it working.

Don

If it rings 3 times, maybe whatever 51700 is is set to fwd n/a to a number that ends up pointing out that other port?

Mary Beth

I thought that. 51700 goes through IPCC. I plared the voice port down to a line on the phone and it doesn't work that way either.

dial-peer voice 120 voip

preference 1

destination-pattern 5....

progress_ind setup enable 3

voice-class codec 1

voice-class h323 1

session target ipv4:10.88.8.1

incoming called-number .

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

no vad

So this is set up as H323 in a CallManager network? Do you have the H323 gateway built in the CM? I don't think CM will process a call from an H323 address it does not know about, so I wonder if fails there, and then tries the local port, because of the wildcard pattern..

Mary Beth

Yes I have the h323 gateway configured in the Call Manager which is at version 3.3.4sr2. I upgraded the IOS yesterday to the latest code 12.4 1a and still have the problem. Also I gave a new phone in the office an ext. of 51137 and plared the voice port to that. When I did this the caller would hear two rings then silence then another ring and the call would be sent to local 511 service which is like traffic reports. Voice ports 0 and 1 both light up when you call in so it's like the call comes in and then gets sent back ut to the pstn. Very strange.

Well, now you have to dig in to the ugly parts. I would leave it pointing to the number on the ip phone for now, and do the sh dialplan number 51137, and see if it even shows it trying the ip peer. Debug voip ccapi inout to see if it tries that first and then fails over to your second fxo port. Turn on trace to detailed on the CM that is the target destination, and look at the CCM trace to see if you see it hitting the log over there. If it does not even try to go there, you know your issue is local - if the remote sends it, but it does not get to the CM, then maybe something in the network at that side is blocking it.

Mary Beth

Also, probably first, make sure the H323 gateway CSS includes your internal partitions, for your IPCC and phones. You probably did that, but better to check twice..

Mary Beth

CSS looks good. I've triple checked it.

Thanks

The dialplan looks correct. I do have this in the plan. Last Disconnect Cause is "26 ",

Last Disconnect Text is "network out of order (38)" I've looked at the trace files also and I don't think the call ever hits the CM's. The plar ext. or the number I'm calling from never shows up in the trace files. Do you think this could be a problem with the telco? I'm at a loss. I've never seen this happen before.

Thanks for the help.

No, I this would not be a telco thing... Take the pattern off the port and see if you can just get the incoming call work, with nowhere else to point but the CM

Mary Beth

To clarify, take out the dial peer pointing at the other fxo port, so the call only has one direction to go, towards the CM

Mary Beth