cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Invalid DNs xfer to Unity

j.boyson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a series of numbers on the phone system that do not exist anywhere in the dialing plan. i.e. 8327,8328,8329 etc. These numbers have never been programmed as directory numbers. I have searched through the route plan report .csv, they are not there. At one point when these numbers were dialed by mistake the CM would send out a fast busy. Now when these numbers are dialed they ring until the timer expires and go directly to the opening greeting in Unity. The numbers are not used for anything in the system. I checked Route Patterns, Meet Me, Call Park, Voice mail extensions, CTI Ports and anything else that could possibly use a DN. My customer says this is annoying more than anything else.

When these numbers are dialed a fast busy should be generated.

Has anyone else experinced this?

CCM 3.3.3 sr3

OS 2000.2.5.sr7

Unity 4.0.3

5 Replies 5

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

Did you see the CTI route point .Also just check if you have any number that is getting translated ( in Translation rule) to these numbers.In the route plan report you can see just the dialed number and not what it is getting translated to.Also check the pilot and hunt group configuration.I don't think you can see these in the route plan report.

Thanks,

Radhika.

The numbers are not anywhere on the CM. I've checked all of the items mentioned.

maharris
Level 5
Level 5

There is no translation pattern with wild cards that could be sucking these up (832x, 83xx, 8xxx)or even overlap, like 3 digit entries, and either translating them to the vmail number, or translating them to a dummy phone that is forwarded to vmail? Maybe a call trace, collected during a quiet time, would be helpful?

Mary Beth

I'll post the trace soon. Turns out the the issue happens to more than the numbers first mentioned (83XX). When we dial a three digit ext we get a fast busy as soon as the interdigit timeout expires. We also noticed that anytime the problen occurs the phone that places the call to the invalid DN display the call is goin to "Spare". "Spare" was once indeed a Line ID on a phone but has been removed.

Why would anyone accidentally dial these numbers? How did the customer come across the issue?