cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP & MSXML Installed on CM Publisher?

fmarotta
Level 1
Level 1

Does Cisco support installing the Cisco LDAPSearch & Microsoft XML (MSXML) 3.0 parser from the SDK on Callmanager?

Thanks

Frank

2 Replies 2

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

What do you mean by support? They certainly won't provide any support if you have problem with MSXML as it's not their product. As for the LDAPSearch, I suppose if it contains an actual bug, TAC would be able to help you.. but if it's about developer support, then you need to buy into the developer support program to have access to people who can help you with programming matters.

Or do you mean is it a supported configuration if you have those components installed on the call manager itself? I'm not 100% sure that's official (I believe it is)but even if it were not, I'd strongly suggest you use another server for any XML applications and don't put additional strain on the CCM.

aaronw.ca
Level 5
Level 5

As Stephan mentioned, Cisco does not support their installation on the CallManager - those applications are intended to be installed on a separate web server.

Note at the top of the installation notes files in the SDK documentation folder (Installing_ASP_Sample_Apps.htm and Installing_JSP_Sample_Apps.htm) the following notice:

"IMPORTANT!!! This SDK and these sample applications CANNOT be installed on a CallManager server. They must be installed on a separate Web Application Server."