cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetMe conference password setup

tomchan
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to setup a password for MeetMe conference? Thnaks for the advise.

4 Replies 4

michael_davis
Level 4
Level 4

Not in callmanager per se, but you can allow certain moderaters to be the only users who can call/setup the meetme (use separate partition/css for those users). Then, if you're using Unity, set up a call handler with different number to do a supervised/announced/accepted transfer to the meetme. Publish the call handler number as the conference number. Allow everyone to call the call-handler number.

Let me know if this helps.

There is a way in CCM to force participants to enter a code, but the originator has to be able to establish the conference. Check out this thread on NetPro -

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40.1dd8b870/0#selected_message

Don

Thanks Don, I stand corrected!! :-)

And I guess it's a good idea to combine these approaches. PIN in translation pattern with Unity/IVR treatment for additional control.

You learn something new every day!!

Hi,

The above requirement of starting the MeetMe conference through an external phone(PSTN) along with authentication,limit of users per conference and scheduleing feature IS POSSIBLE through an application and we have done it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: