Views
Helpful
Replies

Missed Calls (add prefix)

darren.staples
Level 1
Level 1

is there an automated way to prefix a "9" to the

"missed call" number without having to edit and manually adding the 9 ?

Yes I know ... lazy $%#, not me, this is a customer request.

thanks

9 Replies 9

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

Yes.

Try the following.

Create a partition called missed calls.

create a css called "missed calls" and put "missed calls" partiotion in that.

Create a translation pattern as "xxxx" ( if the service provider is sendingn you 4 digits" and partition being missed calls and under calling party transformation add prefix as " 91" .

Go to the gateway section and under inbound calls under the calling serach space choose the above calling search space that you created ( missed calls) .

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Radhika

I see what your doing, but, if I do this then

no incoming calls to DID's will work (or voicemail, etc) need to have my internal DN's partition in the inbound CSS for the Gateway. But in doing this, then then XXXX partition is not unique.

If I'm missing something here, please enlighten me.

cheers

Hi

I think what he wants you to do is set up the partitions/css as he suggested, so that incoming calls hit the translation pattern.

Then on the trans pattern set your normal CSS that you would have put on the gateway. The trans will translate the calling number then pass it on to the normal CSS and will successfully hit your DNs but with the modified calling number...

Regards

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks, that worked

That is the only way to do if you have H323 gateway however if you have a MGCP gateway no need for all that, go to service parameters and choose call manager and then click on the Advanced link on the right, there are parameters called National, International, subscriber and unknown number prefix, put in 91,9 whatever you want to prefix and you are done

The other way to do for an H323 gateway is to have translation rules on the router such as

translation-rule 1 ^0 910

translation-rule 1 ^1 911

and so on and reference the rule in the voip dial peer pointing to CCM

Can anyone think of how to do this in such a way that you could distinguish between long distance and local calls? (i.e. 9 + local number and 91 + long distance number?) Pretty challenging eh?

Maybe you could just prefix them all with 91, then catch the local numbers when they are dialled using a trans pattern... or just have a route pattern for the 91 + local number with the . after 91, then discard predot as normal?

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

This works like a charm for all my normal users. However I have some IPCC users, that now get 9191919191XXXXXXXXXXX as the calling number displayed with the Agent Desktop (v 6) Anyone got any ideas?

Hi,

in my case: CUCM 9.1 + MGCP gateways,

setting the cluster-wide CM service parameters below did get the job done :

Incoming Calling Party National Number Prefix - MGCP

Incoming Calling Party International Number Prefix - MGCP

Incoming Calling Party Subscriber Number Prefix - MGCP

Incoming Calling Party Unknown Number Prefix - MGCP

Initially I have tried with the first two, with no effect,

finally putting the prefix in all 4 worked - so I believe it must be one (or both) of the last two that was needed.

Cheers