Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitor Live Active Calls

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to monitor active calls on Cisco CUCM deployment? Does Cisco provide this? Or is there any 3rd party software for this? I have seen this kind of software on Avaya where we can monitor which extension is calling to which number and for how long the call has been going on. So, it's a little bit different than CDR.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, CUBE is a feature of Cisco ISR Router. 

If you would like to monitor real time SIP calls on CUCM, then you can do it using RTMT under Voice/Video >  SIP Trace Log View > Real Time Data; which shows real time calls with calling number, called number, calling device and called device. You can use different search criteria. Here is the screenshot for your reference. 

RTMT SIP Call Real Time Data.JPG

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Please check this post:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-applications/rtmt-looking-for-active-calls-on-cube/m-p/3871052#M40069

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi Vajianath,

I already read the thread before posting this one. The command listed are missing some info that I want to see. Like it does not show the originated caller device. And I think this kind of info does not supposed to be showed at VG. And RTMT only shows the graph of line utilization.

Hi,

If you would like to monitor real time SIP calls on CUCM, then you can do it using RTMT under Voice/Video >  SIP Trace Log View > Real Time Data; which shows real time calls with calling number, called number, calling device and called device. You can use different search criteria. Here is the screenshot for your reference. 

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Isn't this report only for calls which have ended? In other words, this report will not show active calls, rather, recently terminated calls. Correct?

It shows both live calls that are active as well as terminated calls.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi Anthony,
I already test the outcome on RTMT. The real Real Time Data window provides both ongoing and ended calls. The termination cause code will be different for the categories.

VoIP Engineer
Level 1
Level 1

That sounds exactly like what the UCCX call center does - any chance that's what your looking for?

You can do this on the cube, but it's not what I'd call elegant.

Hi Mason,

I'm not sure regarding that one. I do not have hands on experience with UCCX call center before. And I googled the UCCX call center, so far I do not find what I want. Maybe need to dig a little bit deeper. :)

And regarding CUBE, may I know what is it actually? From what I read, it's a router (could be a VG). Is that right?

Basically what I need is the info of who is currently use the line. Maybe a device MAC address or the user's name.

Yes, CUBE is a feature of Cisco ISR Router. 

If you would like to monitor real time SIP calls on CUCM, then you can do it using RTMT under Voice/Video >  SIP Trace Log View > Real Time Data; which shows real time calls with calling number, called number, calling device and called device. You can use different search criteria. Here is the screenshot for your reference. 

Thanks, Vaijanath S.