cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ring List unavailable!

raemdonp
Level 1
Level 1

I get this message when I try to select another ring on IP Phone 7940. I get the selection between only the two hard coded chip ring tones.

It’s an intermittent issue.

I already check several things:

- TFTP started (I’ve restarted it)

- IP Phone restarted

- Enterprise parameter -> TFTP service -> File config cahed =False (in place of true)

- Ringlist.xml is OK (Because it’s working intermittently)

Also, between my IP Phone and CCM 3.3 SR4, there is a firewall PIX version 6.3(3). I solve the issue when I remove the command “no fixup protocol tftp” in firewall. But since then, I had problem to boot my IP Phones. Some were unable to boot because they were looking for their config file via TFTP. Then I had to put again the command “fixup protocol tftp”

Do you have more idea? Or workaround ?

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

Which is the Phone Load you are using? This has something to do with the phone Load.See this bug:CSCec78298 Also, try using some other phone load and see if it works.

Thanks so much. I upgrade the IP Phone Firmware with P00306000100 and there is no issue anymore !

Where can i find the procedure to make the IP Phone Upgrade?

I want to upgrade 1 ip Phone specifically.

If you want to upgrade just one phone put the new load id in the phone configuration > phone load name and reboot the phone. Also make sure you put the new load in the TFTPPath folder